Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Thanks undead, I think I'm gonna star getting thunder armor. Also, how do you glitch the nova? I've played some pvp with it and didn't notice the fire rate changing. So I shouldn't try siegfried until I have full thunder? I can solo mantis and take down poison pit with a decent team.

2. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Hey guys you should watch a old comedy series on youtube called "Mind Your Language" at first you won't get it but it's super funny:D:D:D

3. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    To glitch it, enter a pvp match. You can leave immediately (you don't have to finish the match). Then, join another one. In the new pvp match the weapon will be glitched. It will continue to be glitched as long as you do not leave the multiplayer section.

4. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Actually, you can bring a glitched weapon into a PvE match, even if you're playing offline. The way the glitch works is, taking any Laser Rifle into a PvP match causes its firerate to change for the following match that you play. Playing a PvE match means that the glitch will correct itself after you finish the match, whereas playing another PvP game extends and propagates the glitch.

In other words, if you want to use a glitched NOVA-27 against any boss, start up a PvP match with the gun in your bag, and then leave immediately, and join a boss room.

-------------------

@Legendary_Slayer: you can take out Siegfried using the Strike Armour alone, but you'll need to avoid getting hit: if you're playing in a full team of 3 players, I think you can only survive about 3 or 4 attacks from Siegfried with 10,000 HP. If you can beat Siegfried using Strike Armour, however, you'll find it even easier to beat it when the Thunder Armour comes along, so it's not a bad idea to try now if you're good at dodging attacks.

Also note that aliens and bosses have their HP and strength scaled according to how many teammates you have in the room: it's estimated that fighting bosses in a team of 3 causes their HP to triple as opposed to when you're fighting it on your own. Their attacks are correspondingly stronger too, so mistakes are punished more severely.

If you haven't noticed the NOVA-27 glitching, turn up your sound and listen to the sound effects: there's a VERY noticeable change in how fast the gun is firing if you're listening for it. You could also go to your Customize/Store screen and take a look at the gun's stats before and after playing a PvP room (when it isn't glitched, it's 0.25, but it becomes 0.16 upon glitching).

Since I'm on the topic...I promised someone that I wouldn't disclose it publicly, but I think it'll be found out soon enough. More importantly, the damage stats that I calculated earlier indicate that the laser guns are still stronger as a whole, so I really don't think disclosing this information is going to seriously affect a strong player's competitive advantage: the entire assault rifle class is subject to the same firerate glitch as the laser guns. It's relatively useless info to anyone who already has the NOVA-27 though, because it easily outstrips the damage output of all the assault rifles.

5. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Ah, it's alright. I didn't mind this one very much. As you could say, the cat is out of the bag, but we've got 3 or 4 cats left, :p

6. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Very true.

7. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    CEO of Tinker Games
    Bandung
    OMG OMG OMG!!! Looks so coolll!! Thank you!

8. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    iTunes on iOS6?

Hey guys,
    so I finally upgraded my iPad to iOS 6.01...
    and I do not like the new iTunes store interface.
    Does anyone know how to get back to the standard by-category (e.g. Strategy) view for Games: "show me all apps, sorted by date, with the newest one first".
    I fiddled around for a while already, and I cannot find a way :(

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're after, but based on the example, you just gave...

Make sure the lower tab is on "Featured" (the other options are Top Charts, Genius, Purchased, and Updates). Now look for the bar at the top, and tap "Games" (Next to All Categories and Education). Scroll down, and pick the category that you want (e.g. "Strategy", as you said).

It'll bring up another page with four rows: "New", "What's Hot", "Paid" and "Free". On the right side of the screen for each bar, there should be a "See All" button. Tapping that will bring up the Top 100. A similar thing can be done using the "Top Charts" tab at the bottom of the screen, except I think you're looking at the top games in that case.

Otherwise, I haven't really figured it out any further than that. I've always noticed that you can see far more than 100 apps if you're doing this on a computer...

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Thanks undead. Yep, I figured out the "See All" button myself, but compared the old view, the new one is far inferior (e.g. no release date displayed, one long list of 100 apps only vs. 12 apps per page and then swipe for next page, etc.) . Which why I asked for a way to get the old one back...
    I sent a long and detailed feedback/complaint to Apple (anyone who has read some of my game feedback posts knows I can get rather obsessive on details ;) comes from my job I guess).
    Not that I have high hopes that they will change anything, but you never know...
    At least I voiced my concerns, and in a more constructive way than "teh st0r suxx!" :p

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #9651 undead.exe, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    Okay, I'm using looking at the free strategy games from "Top Charts", and right now, I'm down to about #270 of the free apps. The only problem is that I don't know HOW these apps are being sorted (there's no indicator of "release date", "highest average rating" or whatever).

12. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    #9652 Parcheesy00, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  13. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You believe in God?

14. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Although it's nice to know that your religion is working out for you, I really think that it shouldn't be so emphasized in your posts. I'm sure we have people with different religions other than yours here, so I think that it's best to keep them in mind as well.

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There's...plenty more I could say on the matter, but given what I know of the current scenario, I'm with Superion on this one: it's probably best not to openly proclaim your religious stance on a forum such as this one, because despite most of us regulars knowing each other, this is still a highly public place.

On a slightly more personal note, Parcheesy, I would also suggest that you ensure you fully understand the implications and potential responsibilities of the path you're walking. There is joy to be had -- but there is also going to be a lot of hardship, particularly with trying to talk about it with those around you who don't share your beliefs. I do not mean to say that you should not talk of it, but ensure that you realise that it's not going to be easy to proclaim your beliefs -- and then on a more practical note, beware of discussing such sensitive/potentially divisive stuff in "public" >.<

16. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I agree to both the above statements.

Religion, race, and politics are things probably better off left out of the Internet. >_>

On a slightly sillier note: who wants Black Ops 2 but is too lazy to get it? *raises hand*

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I've actually got the reverse problem, though not for Black Ops 2...

I've got Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 4, and Kingdom Hearts 3DS -- but I'm too lazy to get around to playing the first two right now =.="

(Or rather, I'm too busy playing Kingdom Hearts right now, but I HAVE actually been too lazy to play games =.=")

18. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Jesus is running the NSA public security observation department? :D

I agree with the others, no religion here please. You don't see me singing about the joys of atheism and not having to bow to some magic invisible nonexisting sociopath in the sky, now do you?
    Same as undead, I could say much more on the subject, but this forum isn't the right place for it.
    Mind, you can be as crazy as you want in your own house (aka believe whatever you want) as long as you do not harm anyone else, but leave me alone unless I ask for it.
    Oh, and go and *really* read the bible, especially all the good old-testament stuff about genocide, killing the infidels, etc. Try that one: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ , it might cure you :)
    And I am always up for a discussion, but that shouldn't be held here.

-----
    Other than that, not interested in BlackOps(whatevernumber) at all ;)
    My iPad game backlog is still huge, and sometimes I don't feel like delving into timeconsuming and challenging games, but just want some easy nobrainer to entertain me.
    StarWarfare was great for that, but got stale unfortunately. Does anyone have news if Freyr announced any more upcoming content? Ideally more bosses etc. :p

19. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I think I figured part of it out.
    Go to Games, then select a category, e.g. Strategy.
    The two rows "paid" and "free" show the 18 most recent apps each, sorted descending (left to right in this case, not top to bottom) by release date. At first they show 9 in landscape mode. Swiping right shows the next 9, swiping left then gets you back to the first 9.
    What do you mean by "looking at the free strategy games from "Top Charts"?
    Aside from Paid and Free, I have "What's Hot" and "New", but I did not bother to figure out how those are sorted (e.g. how "sorted by recommended" works exactly).

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    "Top Charts" is a selectable tab at the bottom of the screen if you're looking at the AppStore from an iPad. Tapping that will cause three columns of apps to appear, rather than the four rows you saw earlier (you would have been under the "Featured" tab at the bottom of the screen when you brought up the four rows of games earlier).

When you first go to the "Top Charts" tab, it's showing the top ranked "Paid", "Free" and "Top Grossing" apps across all categories. There will be a button in the top left corner labelled "All Categories". Tapping on that can let you narrow it down to "games", and you can further narrow it down to what sort of game genre you want to display. Once you've narrowed it down to the genre of your desire, scroll RIGHT to the bottom of the column you're interested in (i.e. Paid, Free, or Top Grossing). After the 100th app, there's a button in each column labelled "see all" -- tap on that, and you'll bring up the apps in a grid/list view, which seems to endlessly load more apps in ranked order when you scroll to the bottom (they'll load well past #100).

Hope that helps. If it's still a bit unclear, I'll try taking some screenshots later, upload's a little jittery right now.