Battle Camp - Touch Arcade Troop recruiting (NO referral codes)

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by C.Hannum, Sep 30, 2013.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    First, NOT the thread for posting referral codes, that thread is here

There is a "Touch Arcade" troop and we could use some active players. Somehow I found myself made an admin after the guy who founded the troop took off and promoted the two most active / highest level players, so here I am recruiting. The benefit of being in a troop is the collective rewards earned from Raids and Events, with additonal individual spoils given out based on how much individual players contributed.

Anyhow, Touch Arcade can use your help, and since we currently are as bad as we are, you don't have to worry about anything more than being an active player who wants to get better :)

So, if you're interested in joining, search for "Touch Arcade" and request an invite.

2. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Troop "Touch Arcade" is still alive and kicking but needs more players and more active players.

We are a really low key, low pressure troop. You won't see any of the "Inactive for 2 days = das boot" in our rules (only been kicking people after a solid 30 days of inactivity), won't see requirements that you have to donate to the pet weekly, minimum team level reqs, etc.. We're just looking for people who want to support one another by steadily playing at the game and getting better.

When we started out, we were awful. A bunch of fools who had no clue, the leader kept throwing us into raids with teams of nothing but fusion fodder (failed miserably of course). Many of the original members stopped playing the game. Somehow I wound up as de facto leader when the original founder promoted me without asking and went AWOL (and the other person they promoted showed no interest in leadership).

Still, we are here, alive, and actively recruiting people who don't want to see the name "Touch Arcade" go down in gaming infamy ;)

Some data about the troop: We currently have 15 members, 11 of which have been active in the past week (max troop size is 25 so that's not as pathetic as it seems at first glance). Average member level is 18, with the average member team having an attack value of 841.

There is nothing overly impressive about us, so you have nothing to be embarrassed about if you want to be part of our troop and are a beginner ;) Conversely, there is nothing elite in the least about us, so if you're looking to be part of a team of super awesome "winners", we are probably not for you. There is clearly not a whale in sight in our ranks, so people's teams are what they've patched together through work in the game (there is only a single epic monster in the whole troop so far).

We are getting better. We are finally able to complete the stock raids so all active players will have no excuse not to have a team full of evolved super rares without spending any money if they just stick with the game and the troop.

The current event (Celestial Tower) is winding down and will be over tomorrow. We had our best showing to date but failed to complete a medium level raid on the boss due to a lack of active players, costing us a decent troop wide reward. I'd like to see that situation change so everyone can benefit from the events more.

3. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Final results published for the Celestial Towers event that ended yesterday: Troop Touch Arcade ranked 1,443 out of 26,434 participating troops. That's top 6%. Not bad for such a ragtag bunch of misfits with a half empty roster.

Unfortunately, still not good enough for the really good troop wide rewards, although everyone did score a rare Peacfowl and Avatar item, which is why we need your help.

4. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    We are up to 23 members, only two slots left and no more opening up from inactivity for at least 18 days unless someone quits!

Troop Wars even concluded yesterday, we placed 1428 out of 5554 competing troops. We will now resume raiding, alternating between High Tides and Lost Kitty for the near future (or until the next event).

5. Norba

Norba New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Hey hannum!

Is touch arcade troop full yet? Thinking of joining cos my current troop is not very active. Thanks!

6. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    We are full at the moment, but a couple are looking terminally inactive and can be swapped out for someone who will actually be useful. Message me in-game (ChipH1970) when you see this and will work something out.

7. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Latest update:

Troop Touch Arcade has been maintaining a full and active roster for some time now. We have 25 members, all active within the past week and 19 active within the past day. Average ranger level is 21, average combined attack is 1274. We are finishing almost 2 raids every day if not committed to an event, and, although currently not part of the regular raid rotation, we have finished up through the 3rd troop raid (Tacos are Awesome).

We are just about to the point of breaking into the top 1000 for the events, having placed 1,152 out of 18,094 participating troops in the Plumb Rotten raid event that ended 12/02 and 1,023 out of 28,037 participating troops in the PvP tournament that ended 12/11. There is a Troop Wars event going on now (lasting about 2 more days) and we're on track to finish in the top 1500 (we decided to keep up with our troop raids since this is our least favorite event so we're not giving it our all and we're still doing that well :)).

At any rate, yes, we are full at the moment, but I still want to encourage anyone who is playing this game and a regular visitor, lurker or not, of toucharcade.com to keep us in mind. There's no one I could kick in good conscience at the moment, but if you're interested in an invite, shoot me a message in game (ChipH1970) and let me know you're interested and we'll see what happens down the road.

8. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    We've got 3 open slots at the moment, just booted 3 members for repeated event skipping.

Since the last update we placed:
    1,587 out of 6,365 in the Troop Wars event ending 12/18
    898 out of 16,521 in the Trolliver Twist Winter Peak event ending 01/01
    1,035 out of 5,575 in the Troop Wars event ending 01/08

Activity remains high, of the 22 members in the troop, 21 were active in the past week (and all 3 kicked yesterday had been active within the past week). Troop strength continues to grow, even including the 0s from empty three slots, the average attack is up to 1695 (median is 1566), and average member level is up to 25 (median is 28).

We are a good troop that keeps getting better, if you want to be a member, please request an invite or message me in-game (ChipH1970). We will *not* be accepting requests from people who just started anymore (way too many wash outs for inactivity), but if your level is over 10 or so and you're active, that's all we're asking.

9. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Got no open slots, but like to keep awareness that there IS a troop for Touch Arcade even though by now I'm pretty sure I'm the only member in the troop actually from Touch Arcade ;)

We are just exploding...
    611 out of 20,432 for the Celestial Tower event that ended 01/15
    789 out of 5798 for the Troop Wars event that ended 01/20

Average combined attack is over 2000 now, average level is 34, and member activity is now at 100% within the week because there's too many people asking to join to keep anyone around with unexcused absences of more than a few days (and most are daily players for extended periods). We have a very friendly and reasonably active chat with players from around the world.

Minimum requirements to join have been raised: L20+, combined attack of 1400+ and/or power rating of 50+

Again, no vacancies as I post this, but since people do quit, get poached, and get kicked for various reasons, do keep us in mind if you meet our minimum requirements and need a new troop.

10. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Heads up: We have an unusual situation - an empty spot on our roster. One member just got kicked for failing to meet the minimum required event contribution.

We are active, passionate, and friendly. On any given day, we have over 20 active players. We've gotten our average combined attack up to over 2500 with an average ranger level of 38. When not competing in events, we complete troop raids regularly. We are starting out raid events on hard difficulty, dropping to medium as increasing boss health outstrips our damage dealing, but work steadily toward the day we can be hard all the time :D

Likewise, our strong performance in events continues, we've placed in the top 1000 in 5 of the last 5 events, including our first top 500 placing:

Troop Wars 01/20/14: 789 out of 5798
    PvP Tournament 01/28/14: 971 out of 21,284
    Celestial Tower 02/04/14: 500 out of 20,178
    River Crossing 02/17/14: 559 out of 17,658
    Troop Wars 02/25/14: 682 out of 5,804

Membership is spread across the globe with most members either in North America or Eastern Asia, making us most active in the interchangeable morning and evening for those regions, but something is going on 24/7.

We are a strictly self made troop that relies primarily on raiding and event rewards for getting better, any gold spending is purely voluntary. We remain low key and family friendly, leaving the monster list of requirements to join and maintain membership to the other troops out there. We pride ourselves on trying to give people the chance to show how good they can be instead of having a laundry list of strict requirements to avoid being kicked like most troops. That doesn't mean we don't have requirements or that you can't be kicked, it just means it takes more than arbitrarily missing 2 days. Be active, be friendly, and participate as best you can. If you can't meet our minimum requirements for participation, you really aren't trying at all.

If you want to apply, our current requirements are that you are a minimum of L30 with a combined attack of 1500 or a PR of 55, active, have an established event history, and can communicate decently in English.

Message me in-game (ChipH1970) or search for troop "Touch Arcade"

A full list of our rules can be found under the files section for our Facebook Group page at: https://facebook.com/groups/trooptoucharcade

11. FuurinRei

FuurinRei Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    How long will it take to get to level 30? >_>

12. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    That depends on how much you play, which is why the req is L30 and not lower. L30 has proven a nice indicator of somebody who has already put some time into the game and is unlikely to quit without notice a week after they join.

Now, theoretically, you can get to L30 in a week or two by doing tons of quests and only collecting rewards if you absolutely have to until you have an XP tripler boost, activating that, and then collecting all the quest rewards under the effects of the tripler.

Good luck on qualifying, currently don't have any open slots, per se, but have a few slackers that if the right person applies at the right time can be swapped out.

13. FuurinRei

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm level 12 after 3 days. Iv played as much as this ridicules energy system allows me.

14. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    And I've played daily for more than 5 months and have troop members who have been in the troop for nearly that long.

The energy system is what it is, if you're not looking to play this game multiple times throughout the day every day for *months* and call that fun, it will cease to be something you play. This is why we have the level requirement we do. People who qualify actually accept the system as it is and are useful.

For us, the energy system is just a habit. During events or big raids, myself and many people are setting alarms to get up every 50 minutes in the middle of the night to complete difficult raids, etc. You don't make top 1000 in this game because you play it a few times a day even if you are one of the ridiculous spenders.

What makes this game work is that it is every bit as multiplayer involved and competitive as *any* MMO you've ever played, but you can do it in 5 minute chunks out of the hour. I'm coordinating 2 dozen people in 5 different time zones and competing with over 20,000 participating troops in most events.

15. FuurinRei

Feb 19, 2014
    The PVP is unbalanced

It has the most generic parts of what makes a MMO an MMO. Iv been playing them for 14 years.

But at least the art style is nice and i like the collecting part of it and the combat is decent enough.

I'l stick with it.

16. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I would reserve the slamming the MMO comparison until you've gotten into a solid troop. As a "single player" game, it's pretty "above average", no doubt, but as a cooperative multiplayer game, they nailed that part.

I've gotten to know people across the globe, we chat, we plan, we schedule, we strategize, and that's the part that makes MMO's hum. The gameplay in MMOs is almost incidental, just like here ;)

17. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Do you love Battlecamp but are dreading wasting multiple days of energy on their deliberately imbalanced PVP event because the troop you're in finds working for free so MIR/PP can milk rich dudes with small wang's for their money a good idea?

Do you have a strong team, love playing, but hate how uptight your troop is?

Troop Touch Arcade is currently looking for a few members who will fit our style of "casual serious". I've been leading this troop for 6 months now and we've gone from barely ranking to a top 600 troop and climbing on our way to top 300 *without* killing ourselves. My philosophy has been to run the troop I'd want to be a member of if I weren't in charge :)

We are mostly split between eastern USA and eastern Asia, leading to lots of activity during the morning and evening (interchangeable) of those two regions but have west coast USA and some central Europeans as well (along with one Aussie). There is usually something going on around the clock and, when not competing in events or Hump Day, are raiding often. Although we compete hard, we never demand more than is reasonable.

This is our record from the previous 6 events:

Celestial Tower: 500 out of 20,178
    River Crossing: 559 out of 17,658
    Troop Wars: 682 out of 5,804
    PVP Tournament: 576 out of 20,701*
    Troop Wars: 580 out of 5,378
    Winter Peak: 649 out of 24,913

If you're looking for a new troop, we're looking for friendly, active players who are L30+ with PR100+ (or combined attack of 2000+) and an established event history. Communication in English is a must, friendly demeanor a big plus.

You can find our FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/trooptoucharcade/

* That marked the final time we are going to compete in their screwed up PVP events. Individually and troop wise, we will do much better by using the time for concentrated raiding and team building than serving as trophy pinatas for the big spenders.