Preview : Bug Mug (MSPDDG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by matt.johnson.mobile, Aug 11, 2009.

1. matt.johnson.mobile

matt.johnson.mobile Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    "Massively Single Player Drink Defense Game"

OK, maybe not the hardcore experience that everyone is looking for, but there is no doubt that everyone has dealt with the annoyance of a bug in their drink at one time or another.

This is really early on, and I would like to poll the community for ideas in terms of mechanics & gameplay suggestions.

Here is what I have so far:

First episode "Lord of the Flys" will be a defense of a beer. There will be a "Funk-o-Meter" that you cannot let get all the way to green. The Funk-o-Meter moves every time a fly touches the glass, drinks from the foam or dies in the glass. Dead flies in the glass move the meter fast, so you will need to "flick" them out quick.

Additional episodes will add new drinks (margarita, wine, mojito, etc.) and new bugs (ants, spiders, mosquitos, beetles) each which have their own movement and level of difficulty.

More of a novelty app then a full fledged game, per se... but wanted to get some feedback on look and feel and gameplay.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    At first I was skeptical when I first saw this thread, then I saw the game play video and chuckled, then I saw this would be intended as a novelty app and was relieved. As a novelty-type app, this will do very well :D

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    lol@massively single player.

4. matt.johnson.mobile

matt.johnson.mobile Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Thanks guys :). I will be spending most of my dev time focusing on realism and little touches (sound, movements etc.) that will make it a cool "show off" app and keep the "gameplay" interaction very simple. Glad to hear you think it might have legs!

Matt