Great turn based game suggestions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MHEM, Jan 8, 2015.

1. MHEM

MHEM New Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Hi All,
    I'm looking for a turn based strategy game that can be played over weeks between two or more players (mutiple phones). Something that turns can be completed, then sits perhaps for a few days between people doing their moves. Is there anything out there that you would suggest?

Thanks a bunch!

2. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Outwitters sounds the closest to what you want. I never played it a ton, but it's pretty cool and still active I believe.
    Also, Ravenmark: Mercenaries is excellent.

3. MHEM

MHEM New Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Cool, I will check them out, thanks

4. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    No problem. I hope you like them ( or at least one of them).

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    RAD Soldiers. It's got a card based system now, which I feel messes with the learning curve for new players, but whatever.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Reiner Knizia's Samurai is a turn based board game with a deep scoring system and interesting strategies. I haven't played in a while but there was a group of us on TA that used to have several games going at a time and some could take four or five days to finish. Good times, makes me want to break it back out. Red Conquest is another but I believe it only has local multiplayer.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hero Academy is sort of similar to Outfitters. Some like it better, some like it worse. It was the more successful game, but you can probably still get matches with strangers on either game easily enough.

The recommendation for RAD soldiers is maybe bad for casual friends because whoever plays more will unlock more stuff. Hero Academy and Outfitters don't have that problem.

Of course, there are games like Words with Friends as well.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Try the Playdek titles

9. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Disappointed to not see great big war game not listed. Or Combat Monsters if you want even more depth. Links in sig.

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Thanks rubicon. I've been looking for an advanced war type game and great little war looks similar

11. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    civ revolution/2 are both asynchronous multiplayer.... also hero academy is still very much played, i always have about 10 games going at all times