The unofficial TOFTT thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dio, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Have a game that your on the fence on but don't want to take the plunge? Are you in a spending mood and want to buy an app just to satisfy your needs?

Well come here and satisfy both needs. Ask someone to TOFTT or come here to look for a game to TOFTT.

Maybe if the community wants, I can have a list of games users want TOFTTed so that it's easier to see. (yes I just said TOFTTed..)

Yes this is very much inspired by Vovins thread(even though they are pretty un related)

2. *facepalm* what's it with the TOFTTing? we don't really need threads for this...

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    #3 Mondae, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    Can some one TOFTFT on gta, waw: zombies, vertigo rogue, sf4, astro farm pro, doodle jump, minigore, angry birds, crash kart, guerilla bob, touch pet dogs, vampire age origins, nova, mc: sandstorm, real racing, nfs: shift, and a 2010 Nissan sentra.

4. Enzo-259

Enzo-259 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You know, it's not really a team if the same people are doing it every time...

5. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    lol

I mean, you were kidding, right?

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    youre not funny.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    i was. i think TOFTT is stupid considering the games cost between 1-10 dollars on iphone. and 1-15 on ipad

8. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    if a game looks fun, you should just buy it.
    I understand if people wait for someone to TOFTT on $10 games, but I hate when people wait for impressions on a $1 game. it's one dollar.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I actually appreciate those who take the time to TOFTT. Even on $1 apps, buying a crappy game is a letdown. I bought Chainsaw Zombie Massacre when it was a buck, and I was still let down by how crappy it was. I'm just thakful that they are willing to risk their money to let us know if games are worth it or not. Had it not be for TOFTT'ers we'd have more people buying games like Kick-A*s.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    i dont know about .99 games, but 2.99 games and up, yes it's very nice to have some initial impressions before taking the dive. thanks guys!

11. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I can agree with you there, luckily my impulses did not let me buy that game.
    But yeah, when there's an expensive game I'm not gonna buy it immediately, but if a developer is only charging a dollar or two usually I support them.
    You win some, you lose some :)

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #12 Vovin, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010

Why not? Showing us a facepalm instead of understanding is a sign of immaturity and disrespect. We are good enough to TOFTT, but when we like to point out something that is annoying us, we should keep quiet?
    Like my granddad used to say: if you haven't got something to say - don't say anything.

13. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    I think people should consider more than just the price when you say "TOFTT." Yeah it started off as a phrase that now includes even dollar apps, but the dollar apps take up an icon space on your device (where for some that means deleting something else), space on the computer, etc. So just saying - it's just a dollar - is not completely right because for some that dollar app is going to cause choices - choices of what to delete etc. So is that dollar worth the hassle? One will only know by someone else's impressions.

I will TOFTT as much as the next guy but what annoys me is the same people ASKING - someone going to TOFTT? How much money have we saved them or recommended to them TO buy? How much have they benefitted from others doing so? Lots! If you are going to ask someone to TOFTT you should be prepare TO TOFTT.

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    +1 each

however we'll soon hav OS 4 & Foldrs, but... I'll elaborate the etc to the time I want to play the game.
    I have downloaded The Horrible Vikings & have not played one single level yet, because there are other Touch control games that I am busy with, beta testing or anything else.

@Vovin, U'll finish 2K posts in 2 days... no Doubt, seems like U r living here Buddy!

15. anyone?

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    #16 New England Gamer, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    On it --- impressions soon

(But then see how stupid asking someone to TOFTT really is? If someone is GOING to TOFTT they will and THEN tell you their impressions)

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    True about the folders - but then your point about what to play next or now is more to the point. That indeed was part of my etc. Before the iTouch I used to play a game, one game, to completion. Now I have so many "half played" games its not even funny. And it lessens the enjoyment of each frankly.

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    someone else who thinks alike me :eek:

19. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    And I thought I was the only one!

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010