Universal ReRave® Plus: 2 years in development, patented gameplay, and trending music game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kyleaward, Oct 20, 2015.

1. kyleaward

kyleaward New Member

Oct 20, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ReRave® Plus
    Release Date: 10/22/2015
    Platform: iOS Universal App available in All App Store Regions
    Price: Free
    Genre: Games (Rhythm / Music)
    Developer: Step Revolution LLC
    twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rerave
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rerave

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVhRqxXs3Y

The Rhythm is Gonna Get You!

No, unfortunately we're not announcing a Gloria Estefan comeback.
    GREAT NEWS though, after 2 years of development ReRave® Plus ( http://www.rerave.com ) is now available for Apple iOS and users are excited - Using a patented gameplay design (patent US8858312), ReRave Plus revolutionizes the music game industry by allowing users to tap, hold and follow symbols in certain sequences designed INDIVIDUALLY for each song. This represents its edge over games such as Dance Dance Revolution or Guitar Hero, since those games placed repetitive elements in the same area.

ReRave is also the FIRST game of this genre that rewards players for their timing as well as placement (touch) of the symbols in real time.
    It has an innovative gameplay combining music, rhythm and touch accuracy. Players need to react quickly and press the music symbols as those rotate to the 12 o'clock while matching the beat of the music. The closest they press to 12 o'clock and to the center of the symbol, the higher the score.

Here is why players have been waiting since 2012 for a newly designed ReRave Plus Mobile App

+ Hours of FUN. ReRave has a great selection of over 100 songs and for each of those you can play multiple tap sequences based on difficulty. You can enjoy it as a beginner or devour it as an expert music game player.

+ Excellent Music Selection. ReRave includes a wide variety of soundtracks with independent EDM, Dance and Club music of recent and past favorites released by top proven artists and independent labels from all over the world. List is constantly updated!

+ Global Ranking. What use to be great at something if you can't brag to your friends ReRave allows you to connect via Twitter and access the global rankings to compare your scores with your friends or other music aficionados all over the world!

+ Great History. ReRave is not new, we've introduced it first in 2011 and the popularity of the original iOSArcade and recent Android version helped us fine-tune and release the next big iOS hit. If you're already a ReRave player, you'll be able to connect your account and get bonuses.

Nothing beats a great gameplay and we have a patent proving that. We'd love it if you'd test your music rhythm skills and give ReRave a try - if you like and decide to review it, we can offer more background information via email (we're open to interviews as well).

The game will be available as Universal App for a FREE download in all global regions of the App store October 22nd, 2015
    Be sure to check it out and thank you for your consideration!

2. You patented your gameplay?

That's... odd.

3. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    It's a smart move by the developers. Even though I don't agree with software patents… but in the App Store where clones can destroy sales it's probably the only sensible move you can make for protecting yourself.

An example of this is where Three's developers came up with a unique puzzle idea only to be beaten by 2048 to the point where Three's has been accused of cloning 2048, even though Three's came out first. So in a way I don't think it's odd because the cloners should not be rewarded for someones hard work in research and development.

4. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    +1 this. Especially in the mobile gaming industry game devs have all the right to protect their intellectual property. Otherwise all kinds of fiascos happen.

The game itself looks interesting. I can't say I'm a fan of the music in the trailer but I never let that hold me back (even with rhythm games!) and the timed spinning mechanic is cool, if not 100% original. I had a go at this devs other game, Ditto Beat and that one left a little bit to be desired, but it looks like this one is a huge step forward.

5. This would bother me less if it wasn't derivative of other music games.

Guess they're lucky that Ouendan didn't take out any patents on some of their mechanics.

6. kyleaward

kyleaward New Member

Oct 20, 2015
    #6 kyleaward, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Actually Ouendan does have it's own patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US8419538 And curiously there are other product clones out there utilizing this exact patent method right now.
    Perhaps take a closer look at our product because it does not relate as closely as you are suspecting - Also it was unique enough that the USPTO agreed that our concepts were exclusive in comparison to the others.

However, you could say all music games relate in a way as you are interacting with the music and achieving points for accuracy with the music. A lot of products exist and there is a clear demand for all of them... Options are great for the player and we like to do our part to be one of them.

What are some things that make ReRave unique? We only use 1 shape to show cues in addition to player feedback versus the typical two shapes that are often needed with most other music game products. Both Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents and typical scrolling music games like Guitar Hero / Rock Band / Dance Dance Revolution always rely on multiple overlapping shapes.

Our judgement methods also utilize position in addition to timing - which translates to exciting gameplay in our mind.

These are just some of the great things we offer - but there are many other key differences which contribute to our separation from existing options. We've also had many people familiar with other music games try ReRave and immediately recognize those differences in a positive way.

The game is available now and seems to be doing very well for us. If you are a fan of music games, you owe it yourself to consider checking it out. Our team has worked hard on the new ReRave Plus release and we believe it translates to a great game. Thanks for your feedback and for checking it out!

7. Well, I can't argue with that.

I'll eat my delicious humble pie now.