"Suspect: The Run!" - FREE game by Jujubee!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mike.Jujubee, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    #1 Mike.Jujubee, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

They're out ta get you, but will they catch you? Put the pedal
    to the metal and escape the cops at all cost! Avoid traffic, evade
    police blockades, collect bonuses and coins, unlock new cars
    and upgrades! Drive recklessly and become the king of the road
    in this new, addicting and FREE arcade game by Jujubee!

Coming for iOS (iPhone/iPod/iPad) in January 2013!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Great I loved Suspect in Sight, but I think a lot of people didn't jump on it fast enough

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah think Suspect in Sight was very underated.

What are the controls for this ? Please dont tell me tilt only !

4. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    The default are virtual buttons, but there's also tilt and swipe controls.

And thanks for your opinions on Suspect in Sight - the game is now much bigger thanks to former updates, so hopefully some gamers will take notice ;).

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great to hear ! Thanks. Really looking forward to this, any date yet or still late Jan ?

6. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Suspect: The Run is waiting for a review by Apple - we would love to release the game next week but now everything depends on the review team;).

7. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    We have a special gift for you - 5 promo codes, allowing you to download the game before the official launch!

Please make sure to post which code you have chosen.

6PPPN99AWW9M
    AXFHX7AA7L7Y
    XTFTYAMHF63E
    MFLXLK6LJ4JK
    XKR7F7PH4TEW

Enjoy;). Official gameplay trailer and more info coming soon!

8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    MFLXLK6LJ4JK thank you so much :)

9. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    6PPPN99AWW9M - used.

Thanks.

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    XKR7F7PH4TEW used thanks and on iPod touch its very laggy

11. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    XTFTYAMHF63E thank you! :)

12. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I bought Suspect in Sight when it released and enjoyed it though found the controls a bit "off" on my iPad. Otherwise still a fun game though, so I am glad to give this a try as well!

Grabbed AXFHX7AA7L7Y and will leave my impressions when done! Thanks!

13. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Would love to leave some feedback but the game freezes at about 100m. iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1

14. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Check if a friend of yours also plays the game (in Game Center) - if so, there's a bug that crashes a game when it should display your friend's record during your run. It will be resolved in the final version, however you can turn on "Airplane Mode" on your device and the game should work without problem. Please let me know if it helped ;). Thanks in advance!

15. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I don't have any friends playing this game (there is only one person on the leaderboards).
    It runs fine on airplane mode :) looking forward to the final version.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Bummer, looks like I missed the codes, this looks like a day one pick up for me!

17. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #17 Bool Zero, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Fun game though I have my gripes with it. I don't want my opinions to be perceived as anyway meaning to offend so first off, a disclaimer: I am just presenting an honest opinion from my perspective as a gamer.

The biggest being the spottiness of the damage and the hearts mechanic. It just seems largely inconsistent how I can rear end a car in once instance and keep going and in a new game rear end a car and end that run quickly crashed and defeated, or when a simple side swipe can levy 1/5th of my hearts in one collision and 1/3rd in another. The damage model seems all over the place and inconsistent or even inconsequential to what the player does. Slightly brush a car? Lose over a third of your health! Full on slam the side of your car into another intentionally? Just take 15 points of damage!

Also the pricing for ad removal seems questionable. While I would be more than happy and ready to pay for the removal of ads, I think the $2.99 price-tag for such is a bit steep. I think you would get more biters at the .99ยข or even $1.99 mark, but at $2.99 just to remove ads to feel like I own the game with no hassle seems a bit much, especially for what is offered here; And what is offered here is an endless traffic dodger/runner with a mission system, albeit with a vehicular twist. I've thrown money on apps that were free and offered for more in the way of gameplay than this game willingly, as well as apps that were ad supported that offered ad removal at a fee. The rest of the coin pricing seems fine enough here, though I will admit the presence of Tapjoy makes me normally run from a game!

The coin payout seems suspectly low and sparse given the unpredictable damage tolerance of the players car from session to session and the long treks between sections where coins seem clustered. I know you want folks to purchase some IAP currency, that's understandable, but I feel the in game payout should at the very least be spread out along the players run rather than clustered in intervals where its easy to noticeably miss a majority of it. That way the player psychologically progresses and sees reward frequently met, even if it all adds up to the same amount of coins that a player would have gotten hitting that "coin cluster" segment. Then no run will feel like a failure! Progressively rewarding gameplay brings players back, in my opinion.

Lastly, button layout for iPad. The directional inputs seem placed fair enough, it is that annoying boost/nitro placement that is irking me! It needs to be closer down on the iPad layout. As it stands the nitro button feels too far away from the left button and up the screen (this game playing in portrait mode for those reading) while the "?" Slot machine item pick up is just ridiculously placed up high, forcing the player to take their hand off the controls in order to reach. I am unsure if this is by intention of design or night, but the implementation and placement make no good sense from a game design approach other than to intentionally cause the player to jeopardize their run. On an iPhone or iTouch I am sure this layout works, but this being a universal app, I am seeing yet again, an app not repositioning its GUI layout for the various devices and for factors they will be played on. It's an oversight I see with a lot of iOS developers. An iPhone button layout rarely translates well to an iPad button layout. Take the time to optimize the GUI to adjust to the respective devices they are being played on.

Aside from that, nothing much to complain about but nothing to really profess either. It's an okay game (again no disrespect to the developer) but nothing to write home about. I preferred the first game far better, but then again I am not easily impressed by this genre of game and I was hoping for a much more fun twist on it from this developer given the last game and its unique premise. I guess i set myself up expecting more diversity in the gameplay. I expected imaginative takes on the gameplay with segments where you have to stay out of the spotlight of a police helicopter while dodging traffic, or being approached by S.W.A.T. vehicles and having to make them ram each other in order to lose them, or spike traps to avoid along with the roadblocks, or dodging the shots of a police sniper on a copter directed toward your tires. Fun little things that would have made this interesting... It just seems like a missed opportunity to be fun a creative here.

I am sure that many will disagree when they get it, and that some may find my arguments invalid. They may be right. And I am sure that people will enjoy this game. I personally however, am not taken with it.

18. BuzzBangla

BuzzBangla New Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Promo code

What do you mean by promo code? I have heard about this word but still no idea.:(

19. BuzzBangla

BuzzBangla New Member

Jan 7, 2013
    What did you miss actually? The promo code? could you please tell me what the 'promo code' is? Thank you.

20. brayan.richard

Jan 15, 2013
    Well good game i must say....but some time it crashes and its very laggy too...please fix