DICETINY - A collectible card game meets board game & RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IMBizMan316, Jun 24, 2015.

1. IMBizMan316

IMBizMan316 Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    #1 IMBizMan316, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Hey guys! Not sure if this is the right place to post obviously a promotional thread for my team's game but I will do it anyway. =) Please let me know if I shouldn't!

The game we're making is called Dicetiny and it's coming out probably early ~ mid next year. (This was another reason why I was hesitant about posting, since most games here seem like they are about to come out...)

Title: Dicetiny
    Platforms: iOS & Android
    Release Date: Sometime around mid-2016
    Game Modes: 1vs1 PvP, Single player Campaign, Raid, (and maybe more in the future through updates.)
    Genre: Board Game + Collectible Card Game + Role-Playing + Comedy + Parody + Epicness = DICETINY

Basically it's a Hearthstone, Monopoly, and Rogue-like RPG mash-up. We're also trying to add a lot of parodies, and humor to the game. (Our goal is to become like The Scary Movies of mobile gaming =)) It will be a F2P, and the main game mode will be PvP. There will also be a storyline mode, and raid mode. We do have a trailer and you can check it out here, but please keep in mind that it was for a PC version which we put on hold. Along the way, we shifted our focus to mobile, so now we're developing it for iOS and Android. The look of the game changed a bit as you see below.

Here's a work-in-progress screenshot.
    [​IMG]

Here's another work-in-progress screenshot. This one is from a boss raid dungeon.
    [​IMG]

If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, and feel free to visit us at www.dicetiny.com for more information. You can also follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

I will try to keep you guys updated on the development progress going forward, of course if it's ok do so that is.
    Alright guys, have a great day!

Updates
    Update 09/21/2015

Update 08/28/2015

Update 08/19/2015
    Update 08/07/2015
    Update 07/28/2015
    Update 07/17/2015
    Update 07/13/2015

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looks great!

I'm happy to see anything Culdcept-ish on iOS. ;)

3. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Hey, where's the farting monster! There HAS to be a farting monster that
    expels a green deadly cloud of fraap!

Seriously though, this does look pretty cool!

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Looks amazing.

I'm guessing it's online only?
    Just hoping it will allow offline single player by campaign and skirmish if possible.

5. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    Yes, we get that a lot! We're like a gothic version of Culdcept at least in terms of aesthetic. In terms of card mechanic, we're closer to Hearthstone.

6. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    Lol, I actually had a similar idea! haha. I will share this with the team. :)

7. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks! Offline mode is something we're looking into at the moment, but haven't made a decision yet. In Korea (That's where we're based in), we have good internet connection, and wi-fi is available in many public places, but not sure about the rest of the world. Any insights will be appreciated!

There will definitely be a campaign mode, and I guess raid mode is kind of like skirmish? We will have something like an infinite dungeon mode.

8. Ceythos

Ceythos New Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Community Manager & Game Designer
    Long Beach, CA
    Looks like it could be a lot of fun, looking forward to playing this when it's available! :D

9. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    #9 IMBizMan316, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Thanks! I will probably be posting updates here time to time going forward. =)

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hi.

Sounds good. Offline capability is just a personal preference of mine. I'm sure I'm not the only one though. I get around a bit for work and personal so online isn't always an option for use when on the go.

Online only in my opinion, if the game is not a blockbuster, cheapens the game. particularly as, let's face it, A big reason for being online is so that data is fed through your own servers which controls access to in app purchases.

That and online in theory sounds trouble free, and you don't even notice the connection the game has to make and then continuously look for. But again, unless you have blockbuster quality, then there's good chances I'm going to see lots of loading wheels, and timeouts on those loading wheels. Plenty of games I've deleted because the loading is just unreliable. I wouldn't want to see that happen to this.

If there's an offline mode, then I can get my Dicetiny fix during any of the above mentioned events, and go online competitively another day.

Just my opinion. Others are all about the online only, and others are offline only. I barely play hearthstone (haven't for like 2 months or so), because online is focussed towards PvP which is timeout galore or people with way better and more expensive decks than mine. Sure it has a small campaign but that's relatively expensive, which I don't have a problem with paying, but I do from a value point of view. It's not really a campaign. The focus of it is to build you up to get back to PvP. Not denying that the masses evidently love hearthstone, but then again even more masses may love it if it had a substantial offline and campaign/smirmish offering.

Again just my opinion.

11. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    I've never play a board game RPG like this before but this time,it may be changed. I'd tried it.

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Looks phenomenal

13. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    #13 IMBizMan316, Jun 26, 2015
    Hi! You have good points. Actually I agree with you in many ways. Being a small studio, I think it will come down to how hard it is to implement it, and what the priorities will be for us. I will definitely talk about this with the team, and try to persuade them when the issue arises in the later stage of the development. As for campaign mode, we will definitely try to build a solid campaign mode with a fun and engaging storyline. We also have some exciting ideas for bosses as well.

Anyhow, thank you for the awesome advise!

14. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    #14 IMBizMan316, Jun 26, 2015
    Thanks! We always try to mix things up and see where it will take us, lol

15. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks! XD

16. crazy8rex

crazy8rex Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Wow! This game looks actually interesting. You already have my vote to play!

17. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks! I will keep you updated here!

18. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    #18 IMBizMan316, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Hey guys! Here's a work-in-progress movie that shows how Taunt & Range work in Dicetiny. Check it out if you have time and tell me what you think. Click to watch.
    (Do you guys know how to post a Youtube video here? I couldn't find any option to add a video.)

19. IMBizMan316

Jun 24, 2015
    We've finished about 80 spell cards, and here are some of them. Do you think the cards need more color variety in the background?

[​IMG]

20. smarcle

smarcle Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    VP of Marketing
    New York City
    This looks like a ton of fun! I am love the art and the concept! Looking forward to see it in action :)