Dwindle - New concept? Feedback needed!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by UnwindApps, Mar 22, 2010.

1. UnwindApps

UnwindApps Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Hey fellow developers,

We are a two man indie development team from the Netherlands. We recently launched our first game named "Dwindle". It took us two months to create the game and did everything ourselves, from graphics to music.

We tried hard to come up with a totally new original iPhone concept, and not do a game of match-3 or Flight Control rip-off. This is what we came up with. Dwindle can maybe be placed in the lineage of line drawing games, and is an action puzzle game.

For a gameplay video check out:

http://www.unwindapps.com/games/dwindle/

So, the big question is. How new is it? Know any other games out there which are similar? As it is our first game we love to hear feedback on how to improve the game and concept!

Thanks!

2. DaveLev

DaveLev Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Indie Games Developer for iPhone
    Derby, UK.
    Looks great! I've not seen any other games out there with this kind of gameplay, may be a first. Hope it does well.

3. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    the game looks really good
    the gameplay looks unique, i dont know any similiar app

edit: ... i didnt read your post good enough i am no developer ....

4. Mr Jack

Mr Jack Well-Known Member

5. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Very cool concept. Looks like an addictive little game.

6. There has been a game or two that required you to draw particular shapes or patterns to accomplish a task. (The old Star Wars game that came out early on for example, which required you to draw patterns that represented Force powers/actions.) I haven't seen anything quite like this though, so it does have a certain degree of originality to it that I'm sure will appeal to some people. Not really my cuppa, but I'm an old, jaded gamer and have particular tastes so don't take that as representative of anything. :)

7. Tune Runner requires drawing various shapes, but doesn't need you to enclose any objects.

Spirit requires you to draw loops around various enemies to enclose them and make them disappear.

This seems somewhat like a hybrid between the two.

Looks interesting!

8. UnwindApps

UnwindApps Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Thanks for the input so far, I'll check those games out!