What's the most money you've spent on any one game?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KineticBlur, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Aezio26

Aezio26 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Director
    Newark on Trent, England
    £1 as I..errr..no comment lmfao :p

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm with JCman7 on Zen Pinball. I've spent an estimated $75ish? Hard to say because I bought some on sale, but I also have every table in both the main app and the Marvel Pinball app. So it could be as low as $70ish and as high as $90ish. Dang, I didn't realize it was that much.

And I'm still not a pinball wizard. :rolleyes:

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I do hope you werent going to put 'pirate' ?? Anyway big spender eh !! 'Thanks' for helping all the devs who create quality apps !

Anyway most i've spent is probably are the tables on Pinball Arcade, got all of them. Love it.

Zen Pinball looks great but i just prefer recreations of 'real' pinball machines. Do enjoy playing on the actual machines themselves and then realising what a great job the guys at Pinball Arcade did on them

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You do just fine you have great scores! :)

5. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #45 Elsa, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    I've spent about 150$ on IAPs in an iOS MMORPG. The funny thing is that I must have played that game for an average of 2.5 hours per day for 5 years and never even reached the highest level. For comparison, some people reached the level cap in a day or two.

6. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Spiral Knights; I playe for a few years and was in the top guild (Impervious) I ended up spending probably a couple hundred or so on it. By far and wide the most I have ever spent, I am a low income gamer.

7. I spent about NZ$230 (US$175) in order to purchase a 2DS and a copy of Pokemon X. I didn't get any other games for the console for another year so...I guess that counts

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #48 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    $2000 on SD Gundam and Virtual Bowling mint in mint boxes for the Virtual Boy, so you could say that it was $1000/game on average. Hence my nickname ;)

On a sidenote, in Spain we use "freak" in a way that means "geek" for English speakers, but in retrospective, looking at what I paid for my Virtual Boy collection, I'm not sure if I was a geek or a real freak :D

Shaun, if you read this: have you ever seen VB prototype games in Japan? How much do they go for? I already have 2 Bound High carts and its source code, but I'm not spending (nor can't) any more money on Virtual Boy. Just being curious.

9. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I've spent about 80$ on Battlefield 4 & The Season Pass for PC. Not a lot of money, but I felt pretty robbed as it was a fairly bad game IMO. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Bad Company 2

10. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Battlefield 4... $100 USD D:

But worth it :D

11. blekdar

blekdar Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Cost Analyst
    Vancouver Island
    Lineage 2. I played that game for 3 years ($10 a month), and spend probably $200 on in game money...

Bought it for $30, so...Probably spent around $600 on it, all during high school.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I finally had Riot tell me how much I've spent on League of Legends. Just a hair under $1,400.

WELP.

13. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I guess for me, it would be Final Fantasy 11. Played for about a year and a half, so that's like $200 in sub fees in addition to the game's ~$150 purchase price.

For DLC, probably Pinball Arcade. I suspect that's well over $100 now, no regrets.

For a single game, Samba de Amigo wins. $40 for the game, $120 for the maracas controller. For just a standalone game, $132 for Chrono Trigger SNES the day of release.

I'll grant that it's possible I sunk more than any of these into SF2 machines, but who counts quarters?

Never seen any, sorry. The best I've seen for VB stuff is a small selection of commons at Super Potato in Akihabara. Sadly my ol' VB launch unit has one messed up lens so I gave up even filling out the easy-to-find games in my collection. My final total is ten games, most bought brand new at retail.

14. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I feel quite disappointed in myself that I have no amazingly high numbers to give. I guess as I've not been much of a PC gamer or importer, I've not had to spend much more than RRP.

That said, Pinball FX 2 has a massive stack given that I have all tables on 360/One and re-bought on PC.
    A couple of games like Borderlands, Battlefield 3 and Left 4 Dead had two copies bought with all DLC to play with my wife and I guess Fire Emblem 3DS and Soul Nomad & the World Eaters qualify as I paid a little more than their intended new cost thanks to their rarity but I'm pretty boring, sorry!

15. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    GTA 5

i bought it for PS3 and then for PS4... i just really wanted to try the 1st person view, not disappointed.

16. IlluminAppti

IlluminAppti Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Dynamite Headdy - £49.

Worth it for the soundtrack, alone. :D

17. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Zen Pinball for me as well, probably around $50 so far and will continue to buy more tables.

I agree with JCman, Jerutix you have great scores!

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Blizzard takes my money routinely, hearthstone has bought both expansions and several of the card packs, I'd say around 100-150 USD there, and I've purchased all expansions of WoW plus the sub fee for probably the best 7 out of the 11 years with random breaks mixed in... Also have Diablo and expansions, wc3... Etc, I think I should be on their board of directors thinking back now...

I don't regret a penny though, those games have offered me tons of enjoyment and playtime though

19. Alduin1600

Alduin1600 Active Member

May 4, 2015
    Idk,do you count MMO monthly fees? lol Cause it so, like a billion on WoW. lol If not, then like 60 bucks on one game for Android. Can't remember the name

20. RicoYan

RicoYan Member

May 4, 2015
    I am proud to say. None. :) I dunno, the moment money is involved in a game, makes me want to turn around while saying "nope".