iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Ha! Finally, mingling is back!

I have the Black Jupiter set deck, and it's real sweet!

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I deleted this game because I collected all collectible items (bar 8 CDs which needed mingle) and 70% pins. Now they updated to allow all items to be collected =.=

3. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Wow surprise surprise, SE actually included this game in its Chrostmas sale. Maybe I'll pick it up now.

4. Kalamarii

Kalamarii New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Okay, I have the game on my iPhone 5 and my iPad... I only bought both because I heard how you needed two physically close devices in order to mingle. However, it doesn't seem to be working and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Bluetooth is flipped on for both but they don't seem to recognize each other when I head to the Mingle area and press "Trade". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or give me a step by step procedure of how this is suppose to work please?

5. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I haven't used the mingle function, personally. But there is a chance that the two versions of the game don't work together. If one of them hasn't updated, that could also be the culprit as devices running different version numbers don't communicate.

If all else fails, you could try installing the phone version to the iPad and see if it works for this function.

6. francopobbio

francopobbio Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Where can i find the coco's secret store?

7. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Bottom left of Scramble Crossing. Also on the title screen in the top right corner.

8. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Bought this game on the holiday sale, finally see what all the fuss is about. Really enjoying it. Good stuff for sure.

9. kirby83

kirby83 Member

May 8, 2012
    did the update change the installed size of the app or is it still 2,3gb?

10. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Says 2.4 gb on my 4S.

11. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Apologies if these have been asked or answered before but I didn't find them.

3 quick questions:

Do you need either IAP or to play with another player (mingle?) to fully complete the game?

Is it worth buying for iPhone 4S?

How many hours for completion of the main game?

Never played the game before, but love the look of the unique graphical style, not your typical RPG, and noticed that the last update added IAP. I am not against IAP per se, but doubt that any of my mates will play this game, so wondered if you need IAP to compensate.

Thanks in advance

12. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    There may be a couple bits of swag you can't get without IAP or another person, like some extra music discs. I'm not sure.

All pin evolutions etc can be gotten solo since the new update, as you can obtain mingle PP from the practice mode of Tin Pin.

I'm playing on an iPhone 5, but it was developed with the 4S in mind(doesn't support the 5's screen size - hopefully it will come, but knowing SE...) so it should be fine.

I've always been a completionist and collector, so I actually don't know the general completion time, haha. It's a full featured game, though. So if you're questioning if it's long enough, it certainly should be. And there's reason enough to play through NG+ if you like collecting and completing everything.

It's a great game and I highly recommend it. You won't need to buy any IAP to progress. The only things that may need it are some collectible items that I'm not sure whether you can get without mingling/IAP or not.

13. Phoenix24

Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Thanks Seil,

It sounds like a no-brainer then!

After posting this I read the FFIV thread and thought to myself, that you would be the ideal person to answer my questions.

I bought CR ages ago, and picked up FFIV from the FAS promotion on Christmas Day, but planned to get TWEWY whilst its on sale.

Just cleared a bit of space for this as the earlier post says its 2.4GB, which isn't obvious from the uninstalled size quoted in iTunes.

Thanks for your help dude, I will pick this up for sure now :)

14. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    One would think they would have started adding the full size to app descriptions ages ago, but yeah it's pretty big.

I'm glad I could help and I hope you enjoy the game =)

15. watthisdo

watthisdo Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Definitely heard good things about the DS version. I wasn't aware that they had an iOS game. Jeeze, I'm definitely out of the loop with these things. Happy gaming, guys.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So... after purchasing the SD version the day it was released, and then quickly finding out that it wouldn't play on my 4th gen and that I couldn't install it on my iPad, I went ahead and purchased the HD build during this holiday sale so that I could FINALLY play this one.

I'm totally blown away! At first, I kind of thought that it was a little cheesy - but once I hit the second day, I was hooked. So glad I went ahead and bought the HD version. I dunno if I would really enjoy it as much on the smaller screen with all the different taps and swipes you need to do in such small areas between and on enemies. I mean, I'm sure it works well enough, but... meh.

Anyway... just... wanted to throw my little amount of praise into the bucket. =oP

17. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I think all of my friends that I talked into playing the original thought it was cheesy after seeing the opening scene and then quickly changed their tune once they started playing, haha.

On the topic of size, though, the game was originally made for the DS. Which means even less space than an iphone screen for all the tapping and swiping etc. The stylus is more accurate than fingers, though. I think the game feels right at home on the iPhone screen and the only complaint I have control-wise is scratching is a bigger pain than it's worth. Luckily I don't use scratch-based pins often.

18. Phoenix24

Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I too am loving this game, after Seil's recommendation finally convinced me that the game is still great on the small screen.......and it is!

Music is amazing and the story is really compelling. It's really clever how an action game can make the reading seamless into the mix.

Only wish was that it was universal as I plan to get an iPad or iPad mini some time next year. Maybe there will be a sequel by then.

Here's hoping anyway :)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right on - that's encouraging. I am getting an iPhone 5 in a couple weeks - so it's great hearing that it plays well on the smaller screen too. I just couldn't wait any longer, and figured after all the praise this has gotten, that I would wind up buying it for my iPad sooner or later. The price drop pushed me over the edge. =oP

Anywho... thanks for the great news. =oD

20. Noneevo

Noneevo Member

Dec 27, 2012
    What the hell? 10 euros for a supermario like game?