Automatic Discjockey 'djay': $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Sorry not a game but a massive price drop (was $9.99 until Apr 08, then 4.99). Published Mar 15 '11. Alltime best price of €0,79 shows up in Austrian and German App Store, maybe U.S. has to wait a bit.

Best DJ app in store with automix mode and automatic beat and tempo matching (BPM sync). Tried it: Top-notch! Very reliable for hours! AirPlay support.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the heads-up, man. I've been balking at buying this because of the initial price point. Good find, dude.

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Damn it, I just bought it for $4.99.

Seems cool though, better than Touch DJ in my opinion, at least.

4. Habakuk

Same here but I don't complain or regret.

Yes it's the best.

For all of you who need such an app for iPad and don't want to take the steep price tag on algoriddim's software try DJ World Studio. It's still on sale ($15.99 ==> $9.99) and offers beatmatching and some more effects. No automix and AirPlay though.

5. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Hopefully the iPad version will go on sale too. Just got the iPhone version, but something like this works much better on the iPad

6. Habakuk

It depends… I personally love the fact that (thanks AirPlay) you as a dj are not glued any more to the buffoon stage (love to be an "invisible dj") but you can go dancing on the floor (you can even visit the bathroom if it's withind WiFi range) if you want without performance interruption.

And maybe that's easier with an iPhone instead of an iPad. There should be a sync between iPhone and iPad app for being able to choose from.

7. TonyHorror

TonyHorror Member

Jan 14, 2011
    is this better than Tap DJ?

8. Habakuk

As far as I can see from the Tap DJ app description: Yes. By far.

djay by algoriddim (well known in the scene since a while for their reliable and sophisticated Mac software) supports beatmatching (some of the techniques a good techno dj should know; Wiki), Automix mode for your convenience and AirPlay (wireless WiFi transmission).

9. olsonvox

olsonvox Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    iphone
    USA
    Yes, it is way better. This app is super solid , really a pro level experience. For 99 cents , a complete bargain.

- dan