Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laenor View Post
That's weird, because the card seems to work properly for your enemy.
Are you sure the card used by your enemy don't state "This card can't be removed" ?
You are bang on. The 'bug' is that I need to learn to read lol.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Great review by the way
Old 03-07-2014, 03:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey guys. Any suggestions where to farm for packs? Im going for full attack deck.

4 legendaries so far.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewomble88 View Post
Forgive my ignorance here but I got this game a few days ago and there doesn't seem to be much challenge. I find if you simply attack 2 or 3 of your opponent's cards they run out of board space and lose. It works 8 times out of 10 I'd say.
If you really want a challenge, just change your deck and play a different style. If you think your deck is too good for the opponent then make it weaker. Just like how the best card players will handicap themselves to play with other people. The beauty of this game is that there are decks, so if your super awesome deck is making the game too easy, then don't use it.

And also some enemies are good at reviving and defense where attacking their cards won't work unless you can line them up perfectly every turn. And I'd get bored if the AI was "edited" so that it'd keep attacking you (to make it harder). I don't want every different personality in the game acting the same just so they can be harder. And the AI isn't a human so I'm not expecting it to be a genius at destroying me.

In fact, if you want more of a challenge then I suggest you don't grind for cards and just play each major battle and I'm sure it'll be more difficult. The game isn't overly difficult for me but it's now my favorite card game.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:44 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
If you really want a challenge, just change your deck and play a different style. If you think your deck is too good for the opponent then make it weaker. Just like how the best card players will handicap themselves to play with other people. The beauty of this game is that there are decks, so if your super awesome deck is making the game too easy, then don't use it.

And also some enemies are good at reviving and defense where attacking their cards won't work unless you can line them up perfectly every turn. And I'd get bored if the AI was "edited" so that it'd keep attacking you (to make it harder). I don't want every different personality in the game acting the same just so they can be harder. And the AI isn't a human so I'm not expecting it to be a genius at destroying me.

In fact, if you want more of a challenge then I suggest you don't grind for cards and just play each major battle and I'm sure it'll be more difficult. The game isn't overly difficult for me but it's now my favorite card game.
I'm sorry but that's not a reasonable answer IMO. That's like telling Chelsea or Man City to play with their reserve side so they don't win the league too easily. No game should rely on the player to handicap themselves just to provide a challenge.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Uhh that's a perfectly reasonable answer.

Why not handicap yourself? You're not in the Olympics. It's not the greatest challenge in the world.

In fact, I have a perfect answer for you. Many card games similar to this BAN uses of certain decks and cards because they are too powerful. I'm guessing your deck has golds and a legendary in it. IF card city was real life, how much you wanna bet league play would ban legendaries? Pretty much 100%. NO cards guarantee a win but cards with an unfair advantage over all other cards are banned. This is even more so in Card City because only 8 people will have these cards. Completely unfair. And you have the advantage with a brain. If you're winning using these, remove them and "handicap" yourself. However if you're destroying the game with purple and normal cards then hats off to you.

People who actually seek a challenge will make it a challenge. Card battling is not the same as Soccer. Leagues can ban uses of cards to make them fair. And you're playing an AI not a fully coached soccer team trying to make it to the top.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:04 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Perhaps a dumb question; but what does it mean on the create deck screen where it says /25+ for how many cards a deck can hold? I assume it means it can have more than 25? If so, what's the max?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Nug View Post
Perhaps a dumb question; but what does it mean on the create deck screen where it says /25+ for how many cards a deck can hold? I assume it means it can have more than 25? If so, what's the max?
You can have 25 to 40 cards in a deck.
Note that "moar cards" isn't always the best, a deck with fewer cards will be more consistent than a deck with many, many cards.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:34 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Note that "moar cards" isn't always the best, a deck with fewer cards will be more consistent than a deck with many, many cards.
Aaah ok, I gotcha. I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
It can suck against decks with a lot of 'make your opponent discard' power, however I agree, even considering that, less is better. If you are waiting for 1 particular card, much better chance you will draw it.