How to upload a pic/image from iPhone to TA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Wediafom24, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I am probably doing something wrong or not looking hard but how can I post a pic/image from my iPhone in a post? I read through the FAQ and only mentions to upload a pic/image from the 'browse' button. However, when I try to do that, it asks me for a URL. Please help:)

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Press Home and Sleep button together quickly to take a photo at any time. The photos go in your Camera Roll (under Photos app).

Connect device to PC. Open Windows Explorer. The device should show up as a separate drive, usually under the name it appears with in iTunes. So if you name your device "My Awesome iPhone" in iTunes, that's the drive that will show up. If you didn't name it, "Phone" or iPod" will show up as default.

Keep opening folders until you get to one with all your pictures. For me the path is Internal Storage>DCIM>800AAAA.

Now you have all your pictures viewable*. Go to a pic hosting site like imageshack.us or tinypic.com, and upload your pic. You should be given a link to post to forums.

(*Sometimes a few of them will be rotated and you need to adjust them back. In that case you have to copy the pictures into a folder on your desktop before you can rotate them clockwise/ anticlockwise. Now upload.

3. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Awesome thanks for your help. I was also asking if I could quickly upload/post a pic to a post I am replying to. I appreciate it anyway :)

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I just send the pics I want as an email to myself and then upload them to the TA gallery...
    When you click on your name in the top right corner, you can see "albums" on the right side. If it's the first time you do it, you'll need to create a new album but that's all straightforward.

5. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    If you're jailbroken, you could get "Safari Upload Enabler."

6. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks for your help:)

7. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    No My iphone is not jailbrocken but thanks anyway :)

8. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    download dropbox and upload pictures to dropbox. generate a url in drobox and insert the url here.

9. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Oh, actually if you're just trying to generate a image link to attach to a regular post, there's a really easy way. Just download Uploadr from the App Store. If the screenshot was taken in landscape, just use Adobe Photoshop Express app or something to rotate it first.

10. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    @ phattestfatty and Plasmakirby3, thanks guys I appreciate it. It worked :)

11. The Photobucket App is probably the simplest way :p

12. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Downloaded! Thanks :)