Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, $8.99 --> FREE!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by dclose, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Holy cow, the fantastic interactive ebook novel "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", is FREE for iOS today, in celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Jane Austen classic!

2. I like interactive ebooks. While this one is a little big for me to download this at this time, I will definitely lock it in and look at it when I get some disk space. Thanks for posting.

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    BTW, if you flip your device upside down, you can read Jane Austen’s original text, or just hold it in landscape mode to read the two versions side-by-side. So twice the fun in one app! :)

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I must ask, is this thing worth reading? I'm sick of mindless zombie apps.

5. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #5 dclose, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    The book, in paper form, has a huge, huge following, and was the one that sparked the whole genre-classic mashup publishing craze. The app is very nicely done, but I think you'd have to be a fan of the Jane Austen classic, and not mind mash-ups, or be a zombie fan too, to really "get" it. If you can't get enough variations on Pride & Prejudice, and see every version ever created for TV or movies, then definitely give this a download.

6. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i was actually intrigued by this and then saw the space tag.. almost 600MBs. i'll have to skip this. :(

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Might as well snag it and lock in the license no? Can always do it on your computer and back it up and have it for later when you have more room?

8. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yeah, I agree, if you're the least bit interested then definitely snag it. It normally stays in the $10 range, and is unlikely to drop again in price for quite a while as it's very popular.

9. barbicoh

barbicoh Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah definitely just "purchasing" it and download it when I can in the future.