The Quest or Crusade of Destiny?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Havok77, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Havok77

Havok77 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I'm trying to decide between the two. I've played the lite version of The Quest and am pretty impressed with the depth of the game. I've only seen YouTube videos and read reviews on CoD...

Anyone have both games? Which do you prefer?

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Have you checked out Undercroft? Better than the Quest IMO.

3. Havok77

Havok77 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    #3 Havok77, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
    Ya I played the lite version of that and it was a lot of fun. I read it was short tho and broken up in to different zones and once u were done with one zone you couldn't go back to the previous one, so it seemed like it would be real linear... which made me think The Quest might be a better choice... but I really have no idea if those things impact the gaming experience.

4. Baoshao

Baoshao Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Jersey City, NJ
    I've played, finished, and tremendously enjoyed both The Quest and Undercroft. Undercroft is certainly more linear than The Quest, but by no means it's a short game (I spent about a total of 30 hours, though it was partly because I frequently couldn't make up my mind on where to allocate my skill points and what items to buy/equip). Many people here on TA who don't care for The Quest actually love Undercroft, so I'd say you'd enjoy it as well. It's not as "hardcore" as The Quest, but it was no breeze either.

And, seeing that you seem to want something more open and in-depth and that you are already impressed by the lite version of The Quest, I'd say you'd definitely have fun with the full version too. You'd be amazed how much you can do in the game and how challenging (and frustrating at times when you just can't figure out how to resolve a quest) it is. It's not linear at all and will reward those who have enough patience.

I haven't tried CoD, so obviously I can't really say anything about it.

Bottom line: Get both The Quest and Undercroft if you are really into the genre of RPG. Just expect to spend the next few weeks doing nothing but solving quests! ;)

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Don't get CoD..it just looks too bland for that kind of money. I've heard good things about both Undercroft and The Quest, but if I was to get one, I'd probably lean more towards Undercroft.

6. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I have all three games. My favourite is The Quest+ expansions. Crusade of Destiny is ok, but there's too much grinding for my taste, and the camera is really hard to control. Also I hate Undercroft, I think I wasted money on that one. It's so linear and the story is boring. If you liked the lite version of The Quest get the full game. Then after you finish it you can try the other two RPGs

7. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #7 Acidbottle, Nov 27, 2009
    another vote for Undercroft here. If your a hardcore RPG diehard then the Quest may appeal to you, but i found it pretty confusing with a staggering amount of micro management which often got in the way of questing. Worse still its very very difficult for beginers with some very useless online guides about that claim to be 'solutions and walkthrus'. Undercroft gets the balance just right i feel :)

dont bother with crusade of destiny unless you like feeble storylines and sluggish player movement. its not terrible, but its not great either.

8. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    #8 Goose, Nov 27, 2009
    i love crusade of destiny. it may not have the polish of games like ravensword or dungeonhunter, but it's fun nonetheless. it is a tad grindy, but that all serves as time spent on the game. i'm level 24 at the mo, and it's getting better as you level. more skills, i love the casting animations, some cool bad guys, and fun, very zelda like bosses that are good n' tough. i definitely recommend it now it's on sale. only thing i'd say is put your first 10 points into melee, as your magic and bow don't get good for a while.

edit: plus you can talk to chickens, win.

9. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Haha I can see your dilema... If you want an amazing game that's really deep but really really hard, get the quest. I was loving it until I got stuck and couldn't continue.
    CoD is a lot of fun though. It's not as in depth, but it's the best 3D hardcore RPG on the app store.
    Hope that helps!

10. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Crusade of Destiny

11. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wolfenstein RPG.

12. imark

imark Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Crusade of Destiny . It is fun as hell and not linear. Im having a great time with this game because of all the RPG elements and the sense of accomplishment you get while leveling up.
    I can't play a game like the Quest. I find it ugly as hell.

EDIT: LMAO at Wolfenstein RPG. Oh god no.

13. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009