Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I have tired Atleast 15 or more times with water and magnetic and get only 8 or 6 hour timers I have also used sonic and water 8 hours no current dragon. I am getting tired of this no new islands no place to put all the new dragons. Inam not worried about plasma it is only 40 gems I would like to get the current. Sorry just ranting good luck with the new dragons fingers crossed for everyone else.

2. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Got a 16hr timer with the lightning 11/ice 10 in the regular BC. Yay! Will let ya know what it turns out to be. :) good luck to everyone trying.

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Grats to all you guys on getting 16 hr timers! Since hatching a Current, I've tried breeding it with Water or Lightning, nothing so far. Short fails though.
    @Timeless- Same here, lots of 8 hr fails with Lightning/Water hybrids. Ugh. So its good to know Plasma can be bought for 40 gems.

4. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Got a current in the hatchery,it seems like plasma is the difficult one this time:eek: let us know of any successful breeding pairs for plasma, please

5. Kizmatti

Kizmatti Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Plasma was easy for me have 3 ofim already.Trying for my 2nd Current.

Magnetic/Water
    Rust/Lightning

Above are the 2 combos I have been using.

Only 2 fail combos you can get from using the above. Rust @ 6 hours, Magnetic @ 4 hours.

Also both of those yield the most exp/gold of any bread dragon other than Rainbow/Moon/Sun. It's a win/win with short fail times.

6. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Annoying 8 hour fails! All I seem to be getting. Managed to get one Butterfly but since then it's all fail. Spent about 80 gems speeding up some of them. Could have bought Plasma! Oh well, had my share of luck, time for some bad luck lol.
    I'm also disappointed that there are no extra levels or habitats, all this xp from leveling up for gold shrines is just wasted...

7. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    It is a plasma.

8. Kizmatti

Kizmatti Member

Feb 16, 2011
    #4068 Kizmatti, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
    It could be a Current or plasma.You won't know till u see the egg, they both have 16 hour timers.

Current egg - Dark blue/ light blue lightning bolt

Plasma egg - Dark blue/ light blue stripes

9. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    I waited till I saw the egg, was hoping for current but no luck.

10. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Congrats on the Plasma Flip! I'm glad this combo is working out :)
    And to all of those still trying, good luck!

11. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4071 girlpower, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    First butterfly egg in nursery, second breeding

Yay, finally got me a butterfly dragon egg :D
    Just put same combo straight back in cave and got another 12 hrs, so should be another one on its way....WHOO HOO.

Havent even tried for the other two, just concentrated on butterfly in both caves due to it being limited......

Air/firefly just didn't work for me (well wasn't after numerous tries, incl willow, fog and blazing with firefly - mostly 8 hr fails.
    First time round sonic/firefly didn't work.
    Last night I looked at the butterfly elements again...thought about it and decided sonic seemed logical to try again.....

So sonic/firefly both lvl 10 in normal cave.....two back to back successes.
    Good luck to those still trying for first and even second ;)

Probably only be able to display one due to BS NOT GIVING US ANYMORE HABITATS!!!!! Time for me to vent to them in an email :mad:

OT add on...
    LOL @ Yasha....oh my....I seeZ you have decided to come and play with us eleZwhere after all...yayZ :D
    @ Foxy....looking at your increasing score....have we got you hooked now?? :p

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats on 2 Butterflies, girlpower. The other two are permanent and not that special, so no rush.

I still think that BS is not releasing more islands/habitats because of the slowdowns due to too many animations. One way to get around it would be to have a portal of sorts to another World where you could buy additional islands, habitats, etc.

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks mate! :D
    Well I hope they find a solution if this is the reason....the ratio of dragons to habitats is getting very unbalanced IMO....they gotta cater to us dedicated long termers too :(

14. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    Thank you!
    Funny thing happened today, when I put my plasma in the habitat I received the every last one award but I still don't have the Current dragon. Maybe it doesn't count since its hidden?

15. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hey GP!! You're back!! Was beginning to wonder where you were :D

Congrats on your butterflies! Quite pretty aren't they? I haven't had any joy with the plasma or current, so no change there! Just lots of 8hr fails :mad:

Not going to stress though as beginning to lose interest....... I WANT MORE HABITATS AND ISLANDS TOO!!!

That other game iZ beginning to fruZtrate me now! Finished it all an no Zign of fourth iZland!! ( sorry that is really bad!) :D

16. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Busted... :rolleyes: I was extremely bored the other day, so I gave it another try. :eek::eek:

I really hate being addicted to these games. :D

Congrats BIG TIME for successes. :)

17. Nikkycole

Nikkycole New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    New dragons

Hi i am new to this . But I just wanted to share what has worked for me.

Air & firefly ... Took a while but I got my two butterflies from this combo.
    Water & Magnetic ... Still working on plasma ..but this is the combo I have been using.
    Iceberg & Lightning ... Many tries and I finally got current ( his egg has not hatched but it is a dark blue egg with a light blue lightning bolt .so from what I have been reading it should be current.
    After I got my first current I was trying for another using the same combo and it came up with a 48 hour time . So I am hoping I have my first sun dragon. I have been trying to breed one for ever .. I'm guessing it is a sun dragon because of the dragon combo but I guess it will see .. Good luck everybody and if u need a new neighbor send me an invite :)

18. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I think I got that achievement when I was missing one or two dragons as well (It was the Rainbow and something else). It could the fact that Current is hidden or maybe the really special dragons do not count towards the achievement...?

19. Flip1329

Apr 28, 2012
    Very possible. Only need a second rainbow now to finish the achievments.

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4080 girlpower, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    Just got a 16 hr timer...have to wait and see which one

Just bred lightning/rust....plasma or current? Wait and see :confused:

@ Jazbo...haha, I have been keeping a close eye on you all.....just quietly going about my auto pilot breeding in the background is all :p

@ Yashy...LOL, keep playing.....the addiction will take a good hold....no hurry with this game (eh Jazbo....cough cough)...she's now sitting there twiddling her thumbs waiting for an update :p
    Nothing spoils and you can play without internet connection....big plus!

@ Nikkycole....welcome to the forum :) Thankyou for sharing whats working for you with the rest of us try hards.....congrats and continued happy breeding ;)

Edit update:
    It is a plasma egg