Underplayed games & hidden gems

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #41 Darth Ronfar, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Army of Darkness: tower defense. Like the other poster said, it's very addictive

Shadow Era: TCG. Beautiful designs, very competitive field, deep strategy.

Jangle: word game. It's only five 30-second rounds against the computer or an online/local opponent in real time. Very fast paced and challenging.

Poker Kingdom: Chinese poker. Has an online multiplayer mode, but never used it.

Toon shooter: this is a superfun shmup with pleasing graphics and creative gameplay (2 player co-op on same device, c'mon).

Vay (absolutely fantastic J-RPG that offers hours and hours of gameplay)

Onslaught! (great action game for "retro 2D" graphic fans)

Legends of Yore - AWESOME retro rouge like.

SEI - it's like Tetris and Scrabble at the same time.

8 - Bit Rally - more like Sega CD rally!

Battle for Cydonia - sort of a mix of... dare I say Command & Conquer?... and a console version (read: the Genesis/SNES versions) of Battletech.

Pixel Ninja - this is what Tenchu for the PSOne would have been like if it was on the SNES.

4 tenors - in this hilarious 4 played same device multiplayer game, your object is to knock off the other tenors and steal the spotlight.

Ziggurat - in this overlooked real time defense game your standing on a hill protecting it shooting down enimies.

Roboto - this I a higquality platformer that is seriously underplayed, it's up there with the best, check it out.

Pigs in trees - another cool game where u fly around as a pig in a plane defending ur base from birds...

Siege hero - this game was awesome, the day it cane out it had consistent high reviews.... The first chapter is ok, it's the second chapter where the game gets really good. It's a first person angry birds basically. At first it was just about shooting down the enemy but evlved into this really great combo of shooting and puzzle elements. It hasn't gotten an update in a awhile so I feel like alot of people are missing this one...(ok this was Finnaly updated a few weeks ago with the age of cowboys - it offererred the same great gameplay as in the previous chapters)

Finger Shot Rpg - for as much love and hype as it's gotten recently I didnt wanna add it but even with that added hype I still feel the game is getting the love it deserves, turn-based multiplayer with multiple characters and slingshot mechanism...its amazing

Gunman Clive - for as a good a game it is.. I don't see it getting enough attention... I think it's the graphics that make this one really stand out to go along with the addicting Megaman- style gameplay.

Areomasters - this game is underlooked for being as polished as it is, a great dds...

Get out of my galaxy - with some amazing graphics and fun gameplay this game deserves a little more praise

Puzzle sphere - another great overlooked puzzeler

Coliseum heroes - or Coloseum two versions of bassicly the same game, reason being the original developer want getting the sales he needed so he turned to gamevil. It's an arena hack and slash that's fun and engrossing also challenging...hard to put down.

Revolt - this came out in 2011? For 2.99 ur getting ur money's worth

Onibi - it's a puzzle game infused with music and really great for the time it lasts..

Princess pajama - it's free and has a perfect 5 from 50 people

Raon defenders - haven't played this one either but looks good

Coco loco - for being a chilingo game similar to angry birds I'd think this would be a bad thing.. But actually it's not, its a pretty fun slinging game..

Army or darkness - this game won't let u stop playing until uve best it, that addictive

Dragons rage - not sure what happened to this game it was for a time pretty huge. You control. Dragon move him around 360• with the acceleramator while blowing fire at swarms of people coming to get u(mostly knights and archers) kind of a nive twist being the dragon with an awesome gameplay mechanic

Monster Island - Ok as far is I'm concerned this is Miniclips best game it's a juiced up Fragger that relies alot more on puzzle strategy by switching between what to throw.

Early bird - this game was insanely popular awhile ago and free.. Kind of like the old temple run or JPJR well it just got it's first update a little while ago in along time. Don't be fooled into thinkging its an AB rip. It's one of the the few legit bird games with a compeletly new gameplay mechanic.

flaming igglo - it's a really complicated tdesque game where ur try to keep ir igloo from burning down while shooting a ship, playing around with a bunch of animals and throwing ice cubes and snowballs...

Worms golf - this is a fun mix between worms and golf plays kind of like super stick man golf except you can play multiplayer with the worms taking turns..

Reckless Getaway - though theyre probly known for their success with reckless racing, reckless getaway just might be the better game... Running from the cops in a 2d down perspective while manuvering around traffic... It's insanely fun...

Osmos - I think I need to remind people that this game is probly still one of the best games on iOS and came up with a complete new game mechanic that left people speechless, and it still offers that same expierience now.

New

Sugar Kid - Well I had a good amount of fun with this game. It features touch based line drawing puzzle gameplay. The objective is to protect the sugar kid from from dropping liquids by using lines to redirect where the flow of water(or other liquids) drops down to. This isn't the whole game though some levels require you to aim the liquid at sugar kid, some you need to fill in grids. Another aspect of thr gameplay is the ability to stop sugar kid by touching him as he walks back and forth. To sum it up the game looked to have everything need needed to be a hit, fun addicting and different gameplay, published by Bulkypix.. Unfortunately the game fell under the radar before it was even released.

Lord of the Roads - Being a big fan of magic cube I felt like they really nailed it on the head with Lord of the Roads. Combing RPGs elements with a shootem up type game. I felt that it was not just unique but also alot of fun. When it was initially released it had some popularity but eventually it plummeted to the abyss of games that are hidden from the pubic eye. I guess the biggest downfall was it's lack of replayabilty. Although there is a good bit up lvling up diff characters it still is basically the same game over and over.

Ecapology - this game can get really difficult and it was designed that way. Made by someone on a bus in-between tours, it doesn't come off feeling like game made by someone with no knowledge of game development. It's a unique concept for a puzzle game and one I'd def. recommend.

Love, Hate and the other ones - a fairly new realease, it didn't get the attention it deserved I feel. Esp being an award winning game. It's a puzzle game based on calling to or moving away different little blob characters. You control the 2 main characters Love and Hate. Love calls the "other ones" towards her with a kiss while hate does the opposite. For a game that I feel is pretty deep and polished I felt like it should have atleast been a gotw nominee but unfortunately it's lack of popularity kept it off the polls.

Spooky Hoofs(was surprised to find out not a lot have heard of this game)

Totem Runner (this is pretty new, but i dont think it got the attention it deserves)

Captain Antarctica (this came out before Super Mole Escape, and they are very similar, and both are pretty fun. This didnt get the attention it deserves either)

I,ll update more later

2. Human X

Human X Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Gamer
    Australia
    Battleheart-an arcade/rpg fighter in which you control four units and try and survive waves of monsters.

Enviro-bear 2010-you control a bear in a car. 'Nuff said.

Dungeon raid-kind of like a match 3+ game. You draw lines through various items to accumulate equipment and health to help defeat monsters.

3. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I guess I need to do a better description of call of mini: zombies.
    It's a third person shooter using somewhat blocky textures (it's meant to be blocky.)
    It is made by triniti and is an arena shooter, it features online co op survival, a vs, in which you vs other people. You can upgrade weapons or buy new ones, if you shoot at the zombies, sometimes they explode.
    You can also buy new characters to play as.

4. The Secret of the Chateau de Moreau
    The Quest (and Cursed Chess Set)
    Gamebook Adventures

I'm sure I'll remember another 2 soon...

5. Vrizzy

Vrizzy Member

May 9, 2012
    Continuity 2, Contre Jour, The Creeps!, Clash Force & Gene Effect.

6. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Galaxy Empire
    Lords and Knights
    Jot Agent
    ThisLife
    OrganiDoc

7. simplyivy

simplyivy Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Wow I can't just choose 5 I will write a descript later but here are some apps I have on my iPod currently that I think are hidden gems.

-Amazing Breaker
    -Ninja Fishing
    -Glow Fish
    -Prizma
    -Mask of Ninja
    -Dark Nebula 2
    -Radiant TD
    -Blockwick
    -Fantasy Defense
    -Swordigo
    -Mad Acorns
    -Cut the buttons
    - Junk Jack

And that's it for now!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Agree with Clash Force, great little retro style platformer.

Another great underated game is 'Final Run'

Please check that out, small indie group have created it, great 'mad max' style world and you're in a car with the usual weapons etc, great little storyline, really enjoy it.

9. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    My two cents.

I don't think anyone else mentioned these, so here it goes -

Legends of Yore - AWESOME retro rouge like.

SEI - it's like Tetris and Scrabble at the same time.

8 - Bit Rally - more like Sega CD rally!

Battle for Cydonia - sort of a mix of... dare I say Command & Conquer?... and a console version (read: the Genesis/SNES versions) of Battletech.

Pixel Ninja - this is what Tenchu for the PSOne would have been like if it was on the SNES.

Yay! iOS games! :)

10. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Great! Thanks for all the suggestions....

11. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
  12. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I've never really seen Lane Splitter mentioned anywhere. It's an endless runner on motorbikes.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Word! Forgot about that one!

14. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I have to... HAVE TO mention "Run Kitty Run" here. It's so hidden that it rarely ever gets a mention on even these hidden gems threads. It's a fantastic platformer, with great art work , smooth controls, and lots of exploration. It's easily in my top 5 platformers (and I have played most of the platformers on iOS).

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Word!

Also, have you tried Miss Claire Garden? It's a MUST-FRIGGIN-HAVE for platformer fans.

16. kingkong78

kingkong78 Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Europe
    Just tried to find this game in the US App Store but the search didn't show anything. Is it removed?

My personal "hidden" gems are the two League Of Evil games, Bring me Sandwiches (highly recommended), Newtonica, ExZeus, and Glandarius.

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    The full name is Adventures of Timmy: Run Kitty Run. ;)

18. kingkong78

kingkong78 Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Europe
    Found it, thanks;)

I forgot to mention:
    - Vay (absolutely fantastic J-RPG that offers hours and hours of gameplay)
    - Onslaught! (great action game for "retro 2D" graphic fans)

19. Brillo

Brillo New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    These are the top 5 perhaps lesser known games that took away too many hours of my life:

Army of Darkness: tower defense. Like the other poster said, it's very addictive

Shadow Era: TCG. Beautiful designs, very competitive field, deep strategy.

Jangle: word game. It's only five 30-second rounds against the computer or an online/local opponent in real time. Very fast paced and challenging.

Poker Kingdom: Chinese poker. Has an online multiplayer mode, but never used it.

Toon shooter: this is a superfun shmup with pleasing graphics and creative gameplay (2 player co-op on same device, c'mon).

That last game has me (and my 4-yr old son) playing for as long as our fingers can hold up.

20. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA

Thanks for posting, this looks pretty cool, is there a set release date? I guess the other one was just a clone or something?

Also my hidden gem of the day Mike and milkbox a terrific platformer..