Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-17-2013, 03:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Just heard from a friend who went to the best buy Wi iU demos on Saturday that at least 5 people (that he saw) left after buying a console!
That is outstanding news!

Maybe this whole E3 demo thing that Nintendo did was... worth it?

Wii U still has an insanely long road to go before it becomes even slightly successful, but that's a good sign in your post!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

The next great, hilarious quote from Microsoft:

"We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it."

Over-delivering? Brave choice of words, dude.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post

"We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it."

Microsoft? Moar liek smallpenishard, m i rite!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post

Microsoft just don't get it. It's not that people don't understand that you're getting quite fancy technology for your $499, it's that your competition is selling a better spec and generally more attractive alternative for $100 less. Idiots!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:39 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

http://www.screwattack.com/news/micr...event-best-buy

Quote:
A few weeks ago Nintendo had announced that would give gamers a chance to play select unreleased Wii U games at participating Best Buy stores on Wednesday and Saturday during the week of E3. The events has been rather successful across many stores and it looks like Microsoft has been trying to infiltrate on the action.

Reports via NeoGaf have come in stating that Microsoft representatives have been looming over the people waiting in line for Wii U demo stations around various stores in order to sway people into preordering an Xbox One. Some allegations around the net have even stated reps going so far as to straight out bash the Wii U, but this is unknown.

From my experience of going to Best Buy on Wednesday (which had a massive turnout), I did notice a rep from Microsoft looking over the Wii U kiosk. I was at the front of the line so if she was trying to convince people in the back of the line to pre-order an Xbox One, I couldn’t see it. A rather desperate attempt on Microsoft’s side, but also kind of sleazy for Best Buy who no doubt received major traffic from the event to allow it to happen.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

For those who aren't sure about the PS4 controller:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593341

Also this:

http://www.psmania.net/wp-content/up.../05/950101.jpg
Old 06-18-2013, 11:52 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I just heard from two more people. One went to the other bestbuy in Toronto and saw quite a few people buy Wii U consoles after demoing the games ( some bought just after watching the demos)

a friend who went to one in New York said they must have sold over 20 consoles at least, in that location.