Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The problem with Game Center for leader boards is that Game Center is limited to some number of leader boards per app. Since this is a game with essentially unlimited machines, they can't have a leader board per game. Hopefully the next iteration of Game Center will fix this and have unlimited leader boards. It's not Farsight's fault at all that Pinball Arcade doesn't use Game Center for leader boards.

2. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    The update with Taxi/Harley should have been out at the end of last week. Still nothing happend. So August was a month without a Pinball Arcade update.
    So sad.

3. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    according to their FB page, they had a bug in their content delivery mechanism and had to pull and resubmit the update.

4. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Can't believe they still make that kind of mistakes after submitting so many updates. They are doing a great job witht he tables, but forget about the rest.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Played the hell out of the Addams Family at a pizza place in a town where I used to live, even on lunch breaks from my job! The notion that I may be able to play it on my ipad any time I want is simply AWESOME! I can't wait!

6. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    "we are planning to release two packs for ios by the end of the month"
    from the Farsight Forum. 4 new tables this month. lets hope it will really happen.

7. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Twilight Zone just has it all for me. A good selection of special modes, combos, good ball returns, a clever mini-playfield... and that power ball! So crazy fast and volatile. Every time it shows up you feel like somebody just handed you a live grenade, and you're either gonna die or score big.

My top score on that table was 5.1 billion, and I can't wait to see if I can do better on a virtual table that lets me buy an extra ball.

8. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
  9. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    yeah, with twilight zone, STTNG and scared stiff coming up, pinball arcade is gonna be pretty epic... only attack from mars is still missing ;)

ps: elvira still got some nice pair of... erm... eyes

10. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Attack From Mars has been announced as an upcoming table as well.

11. kevlarx

kevlarx New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pinball Arcade is now on Steam Greenlight so please go and vote for it. Even if you have no intention of buying it for pc, the better TPA does overall the better the app and the possibility of favourite tables coming to the platform will be.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95907686

Also watch the vid on the steam page, towards the end is a glimpse of Elvira and the party monsters.

12. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    C'mon Apple, give us the update with the new tables....what's taking so long??

13. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Nice, I am not the only one , complaining about the update. Today is the 15th.
    Farsight annouced the update fortoday, but still nothing.

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Still nothing. I'm in the need for my monthly PA fix!

15. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    no update until now :(

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Err, you mean, "Still no update.", right? It looks like you're saying the update finally came out but if that was the case you would not have a sad face at the end.

17. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    the second table on pack6 will be Elvira and the Party monsters.
    but we are still waiting for pack 5 and hope, it will be released before xmas.

18. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #998 reec0X, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

Yup..NO UPDATE since this morning. Maybe its an error again?

19. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I just listened to to 40 minutes radio interview of a guy from farsight.The main thing for me is, that they mentioned Eight Ball Deluxe, so I hope, they will release it .
    What I hate is, that he said, they are really making the tables easier than the arcade machines, so people can reach all the goals. Please give us an option, for the real arcade difficulty.
    He said nothing about the release date of table pack 5 or 6 for IOS... .

20. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    #1000 killy billy, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Farsight just posted this on their facebook page!!

Due to our delay with releasing Table Pack 5 on iOS in August, we are combining Table Pack 5 and Table Pack 6 in the next update. This will include Harley Davidson, Taxi, No Good Gofers, and Elvira and the Party Monsters. Taxi is the Table of the Month and can be played unlimited for free. We've also fixed issues with many of the other tables. We fully expect for this update to be released before the end of September. Table Pack 6 with Elvira and Gofer will be released on Android when this iOS update is approved. Thanks again for supporting the Pinball Arcade!

Omg, now we will have to wait even longer for new tables!