BIT.TRIP RUN! - the mobile version of Runner2!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GG_Dant, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hey everyone!

Dant from Gaijin Games here. We're known best for creating the original BIT.TRIP series as well as the recently released BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien.

Not-so-secretly, we've been hard at work on an iOS version of Runner2 for quite some time now. It's coming along incredibly well, and in fact we're pretty close to being ready to release it!

First and foremost, it's worth mentioning that the game is going to be called BIT.TRIP RUN! If you're curious about why we decided to change the name, it's because the game isn't going to be a port of Runner2. We've made a number of changes, some of which can be read about here in handy bullet-point form:

- The controls have been completely overhauled. Play the game with just one finger by tapping and swiping!
    - Similarly, the UI and world map have been revamped.
    - In accordance with the control changes, the levels have also been redesigned. For example, “Stair Hoppers” make climbing up stairs an easier prospect.
    - The game will feature a shop where you can get stuff right away. Or you can just unlock everything by playing normally (like the champ you are).
    - There will be Game Center achievements and leaderboards. That’s probably not surprising at all!

And now I'm going to shut up and provide some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them as a reply to this post! I'm also happy to answer any questions you have about A) ghosts or B) pizza.

P.S. - We're posting daily screenshots of the game over on the Runner2 blog, in case you ever want to see more!

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Awesome, going the Joe Danger route of building the game ground up for mobile. Can't wait for this

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Great, look forward to getting it, hope it release soon.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking good.

5. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    It should be soon indeed!

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I was completely addicted to Bit Trip Runner '1' on my PC even though it was wicked evil hard. It seems like a natural fit for an IOS device. I can't wait for your release and thanks for making cool games. :)

7. GG_Dant

GG_Dant Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Wow, thanks! You're too kind :)

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    It's totally true. This game really caught me by surprise. The artwork and music are amazing! :)

9. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Do you think Ghostbusters is an accurate representation of ghosts?

Oh and the game looks cool too. :D

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I only just started playing the game when it was given away with PlayStation Plus, but it was addicting, fun, and nice enough that I can't wait to get it on iOS and support the developers! :D