Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-16-2014, 03:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Swap Heroes looks interesting. I'm keeping The Boy With Bombs installed though as the update may just make this worth putting serious time into.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Installed the update and tested it. It's definitely moving in the right direction. GC however doesn't work. It could be just the id or something is messed up when authenticating the game to GC. The dev of Air Supply SOS had a similar problem.

This game as is with GC could be mighty good competition for forum members here.

I'm considering grabbing Swap Heroes. At the least it's on my watch list.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:29 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Yes, GameCenter isn't working. Hope that gets fixed soon. It would be nice to have a high score shown while in game (or a settings menu to switch it on/off). A screen that shows what each item does would also be nice.

Also found a bug. I was able to get a red bomb (increase radius). Once I died by stepping on the red residue from the bomb, the game felt like it was crashing when it got to the score screen. The brightness of the iPad was going back and forth, the sprite was like a ghost appearing and disappearing, and the sound kept cycling which sounded like the game crashed.

And the text still doesn't fit to screen on my iPad mini 2, when buying items the text still goes off screen.

Last edited by Initial D; 10-26-2014 at 12:31 AM..
Old 10-26-2014, 12:53 AM

That happened to me as well with the bomb radius bug. My character turned red and kept making the dying noise. Also had a bug where I had to force quit the game after my session finished because tap to restart wouldn't work. I love the game though I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining. Didn't have much of a problem with the smaller buttons, so I'm getting used to the bigger ones.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:45 AM

Very sorry guys, was a sloppy update that wasn't tested thoroughly enough. My apologies.

Unfortunately now it takes another 1-2 weeks for the new update to go through

Thanks for posting here with the issues, appreciate it!
Old 10-26-2014, 01:16 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Must have just been a delay by GC because the leaderboard is up
Old 10-27-2014, 01:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

This has been a lot of fun. I think I put more time into this due to the leaderboard than any other the last day. Really, everyone should be playing this now.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial D View Post
Also found a bug. I was able to get a red bomb (increase radius). Once I died by stepping on the red residue from the bomb, the game felt like it was crashing when it got to the score screen. The brightness of the iPad was going back and forth, the sprite was like a ghost appearing and disappearing, and the sound kept cycling which sounded like the game crashed.
Yeah, I had the same thing happen several times with the red/radius upgrade. So what happens is at random when the bomb is exploding the red explosion that changes the tile color doesn't disappear. If I step on it I die and the ghost of my character remains on the screen even in the score screen (like it did with Inital D) with the effect of taking damage showing. IF I'm not within the red area then I can get the red burned in path to go away by setting another bomb. Often though I end up painted in a corner so it's either walk through the red and die or set a bomb and take the damage it makes. So yeah, that needs fixed.

Also another bug. Sometimes when in the center of the top row or second row, I can set a bomb or just walk through the area and I end up (or the bomb ends up) warped to the top left of the screen above the top left block in the black space. It's strange. It's easy to just walk back onto the field. Usually this happens when walking left or moving left after placing a bomb up high. It may also be related to a specific power up but it happens so rarely that I haven't deduced what the parameters are yet to trigger it.

This is on my 4S with 6.1.3. But I suspect it is regardless of hardware since Initial D also had issues on his ipad.

Last edited by nightc1; 10-27-2014 at 01:58 PM..
Old Yesterday, 02:09 AM

New update on the 6 plus is showing two sets of icons for the controls and bomb buttons. I want to enjoy this game again.
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Been playing this today and it's a good game. I played on an iPad Mini and found myself wishing I could resize/move the buttons, when the action heats up the controls get a bit fiddly.

Still, I made it to #2 on the leaderboard, only a few points away from top spot. This is a decent, fast paced, twitchy high score chaser. I rated the game 4/5 on the App Store, definitely worth a download. Cheers for the freebie.