GTA CTW: Infinite Ammo MINIGUN!! also bonus bullet proof comet

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nixiang915, Jan 24, 2010.

?

Did you get the Minigun? Or did you give up?

1. I gived up :(

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. MINIGUN!!!

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. MINIGUN and the red bullet proof comet!!!

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

#1 nixiang915, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    There is a glitch in which you can get a minigun with unlimited ammo! I got it, and it is AWESOME!!! It did take a few hours to glitch it right though...anyway, READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE YOU START THE LAST MISSION. Here is the original post, that's were i got the info from, but it lacks a detailed guide! (credit of discovery goes to GTA_Loco)

It is not a cheat, but a mission glitch. and you can keep the gun forever, even if you die and goes to the hospital. You only lose it when you get busted and is striped of your weapons at the police station. So here is a tip, never get busted, you would rather die!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a detailed guide i made just for the Idevice version: (spoiler!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, save your game at the nearest safe house to the mission location, if you don't have that safe house, buy it.

1. Do the last mission (Salt in the Wound) right up until the part where you see Kenny getting away in the boat.

IMPORTANT: CLEAR YOUR SLOT FOR BIG WEAPON, just fire them until you have no more.

2. Now, do not get to the yellow circle, instead, swim here.(DO NOT get on land, you will be chased by cops and heli with your wanted level. At this point, the game has disabled almost all of the car/boat spawns anywhere. But this dock still has it's spawn point intact) If you find a jet ski here, take it. If not, then swim out of the area(doesn't have to be far), and come back, do this until the game spawn a jet ski here.
    [​IMG]

3. Take the Jet ski to the yellow circle, ram it up the dock. The goal is to activate the checkpoint while on the jet ski( or another car or boat if you can find one, but the jet ski works the best since it's small and fits the dock well)

4. Now, the police guy will start driving the boat, and you were suppose to be also on the boat as a gunner, but your on the jet ski. Now press the button to get off the jet ski, you will magically jump off the boat even know you were at your jet ski. Do this right after the boat chase starts.

NOTE: This is the painful part, because you will fail many times because his boat gets destroyed by the enemy. Luckily, the enemy jet ski has a set of route to take during this, all but one set of route will fail you. So, reload you last save if you failed, and try again, you will get it eventually. This is also why i told you to save at the nearest house, you don't have to walk far to restart.

5. When you do get it, and the boat make it to K's boat, you will pop up from the dock even before K.

BONUS: If you pause the game NOW(as soon as you can), and switch to fist. RUN YOU ASS to the red comet car, AND STEP ON THE PEDDLE!!! If K didn't pull you out of the car, you can save this car into your garage. This is a bullet proof car after you parked it, but right now it's everything proof. However, taking the car and driving away will fail you the mission, but at least you get your gun and car(if lucky). So now just do the mission again as it should have been done (after saving the car and the game), but with a unlimited minigun helping you.

6. If you didn't get the car, just do the mission like its supposed to. At the end of the mission, you get a minigun with UNLIMITED AMMO. Useful in...just about anywhere :)

Lastly, please VOTE in the poll regarding if you have gotten it or not!

2. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    Oh my god! Enough with the gta threads!

3. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

#3 nixiang915, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Why are you saying that, this is a helpful and cool guide. I would have understood if i was just spaming, but i'm not. I had put much effort into it, so please don't say such thing. Also, you are VERY fast in replying...

4. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    lol.... just kinda fed up with the GTA stuff. you can always just have posted it in any of the 500 other threads dedicated to GTA. but i will shut up now and let this thread guide itself....:p

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Or, you could just use cheats...

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Is there an infinite ammo cheat? I didn't think so.

7. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    But there is a cheat that allows you to get like 1000+ ammo for the minigun. And it would be quicker to just re-enter the cheats than to do what the OP has written here.

8. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

i just said, this isn't cheat, so you would have cheated 0 times. also, this thing is beast, and there is no need to go back to safe house. and the bonus bullet proof comet is pretty cool too.

9. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    What's the bullet proof comet?

10. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

Comet is the name of a very fast sport car in the game. and you can get a bullet proof one alone with the gun if you do this right.

11. loewenherz

loewenherz Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    thanks for the tip, though I already finished the last mission :(
    what happens if you do the mission on replay mode (from the board)? Do you get the weapon as well?

12. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Ah ok. Is it the fastest car?

13. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

Sorry, you won't be able to keep the gun, i had to restore my ipod from older backup so i can even try this thing. This is why it's always nice to keep a older save file intact.

No, it is i think the second fastest. At least that's how it is in GTA IV, and since CTW's car handling are based off IV, i'm pretty sure i'm right.

14. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I saw a car called Evolution as well. Is that any good?

15. nixiang915

nixiang915 Active Member

To be honest, i don't really know about that car, i only pay attention to the best and the strange cars

16. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    My favourite is the Baggage Handler.

17. aznplaya

aznplaya New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    #17 aznplaya, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    It works!!

Ha ha ha... it actually worked.....i got the infinite ammo minigun though i got a blue comet =] still bullet proof though i put it to the test against the gun =]....and yes..... the comet car is the "fastest" in gta ctw but due to its turning capabilities, it still does not turn on on top. The modified version (if you take it to a pay n' spray) is much faster but its other characteristics are the same.

18. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    This is beastly!! Trying now!!!

19. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    cheater, go suck some eggs.

20. dehory

dehory Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Apologies for bumping up this old thread, but I just finished the game and there is something nobody has mentioned yet.

Once you've completed the last mission and gone through the credits, you may find that all your weapons are greyed out. Save the game and load from the slot you've just saved, and all the weapons will be restored.

Also, when I was reading through the otherwise excellent OP, I was confused by the fourth point. I've rewritten it to help someone in the future.

Incidentally, I was lucky enough to get this glitch to work on my first try. :eek:

The only problem I came across was that nothing happened when I rammed the jet ski into the yellow dot on the ramp. Somehow I managed to hop off the jet ski without activating the checkpoint and swam towards the jet ski pickup point again. On my way, I came across an unfortunate guy in a nice red speedboat and grabbed that. It took a couple more tries, but it worked for me. All of which to say that if you come across a speedboat on your way to getting the jet ski, that should work instead.