Universal Mikey Jumps (By BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Andy, based on your past performances there's no counting you out of the race, I'm probably the older canine here and I'm made up I've reached the past 10 stages of the game #

2. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    There are rumours about an other 74er in the top5 for the longest streak :cool:

3. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    If I had to choose a mascot for iOS, I think it would be Mikey. My current games roster on my admittedly minimalist selection of downloaded apps is all of the Mikey Games. This one doesn't disappoint. There's a charisma to the Mikey sprite that makes you want to like the game before you realize you do.

4. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    Hmm I wonder who that may be # Well it's heartening to see another gaming veteran in here. I think with both of us and AndyC83 we could become like The Rolling Stones of IOS gaming #

5. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    Oh I'll drink to that Baron Cappuccino!

I think Mikey thoroughly deserves the accolade of IOS mascot considering the amount of abuse we subject him to on a daily basis.

Mikey: So what would you like me to do today boss?

Deckard: Well I feel you need some surgery, I was thinking about giving you a long chin and taking one of yours eyes out, ya know like a Cyclops look, all perfectly standard practice.

Mikey: I guess so Mr Deckard, will that be all? I would like a day off at some point.

Deckard: Whaaat?! How dare you, just for such insolence I want you to run through that forest level and jump over those yawning chasms and avoid the spiked monsters over and over again and ALSO finish your run 0.05 seconds than before, I have standards to maintain!

Mikey: ...anything you say boss, I'll get me boots.

There should be some form of charitable organisation to support this poor sprite.

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
  7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Woah, that hadn't even occurred to me when I first saw the photo yesterday! :eek:

8. Deckard74

Sep 15, 2012
    You should see the black and white version of that picture Mike, it really does look like Romney has literally signed a deal with the devil. Well he definitely sold his soul for sure!

9. BeaverTap Games

BeaverTap Games Developer

Apr 5, 2012
    iOS Game Developer
    United States
  10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Wow I'm surprised to be the first commenter on this insanely awesome new update.

When I started the beta for the new content I was instantly hooked.. again. The jumping is so precise and rhythmic and the levels just flow together so nicely. The new level backgrounds are nice eye candy, sometimes remind me of something like a miniature Super Mario World.

Immediately bought the 'premium' IAP and will leave an iTunes review shortly. I hope the balance of the free to play elements really work in your favor. I think you did a great job in that respect.

My next goal is to perfect all the individual level sets that line up with the achievements.

Sincerely,

Mike B

11. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words on the update, AKD! We're glad that you are still enjoying the game, and good luck perfecting all of the new levels (I still haven't even gotten all perfects yet!).

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm going to try the video recording. Possibly put up a blind run on the new world, though I'm not sure how to turn an iPhone recording into a shareable file.. pretty sure that's not even a thing, lol

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    yep, terrific update. I just went back to Mikey Jumps a day or two ago. The Mikey series is the only one I always go back to. Love the new levels - getting hard (in a good way) at world 13 or so - but AKD has done all 200 already!!! Legend.
    The only thing for me is - and I may just be missing it - is there a way to see if you've completed a world with no deaths without going into game center?
    I'd love Mikey to get a prominent feature in the AppStore.
    great stuff.

14. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Just got all achievements! What a great surprise for some excellent platforming. Thanks for the update :D

15. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for all of the support slamraman! And currently there is no way to see if you've perfected levels without going into GC. That's something we've talked about before so probably should add something.

Wow, nice job perfecting all of the new levels! That was super fast! And thank you for the support. :)

16. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    I love this game, thanks for the update. Perfected all levels, nice new mechanics!

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Well done on the endless mode! I thought I’d be able to get to 200 on 6 hearts, but it’s surprisingly difficult. Might have to make use of my gems, is there a limit on how many times you can continue with them?

New skins are nice, I’m liking the smiley face ones :)

18. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    i forgot to complete this one. Back on it. Actually had it on my apple tv a couple of weeks back but didn't work with the nimbus just the tv controller. That didn't work too well tell the truth as it sometimes works just with the heat from my thumb!!
    Right - off to try this update.
    I love Mikey!

19. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Loving endless mode, really harder than I imagined. Keep up the good work!!

20. JohnnyVega

JohnnyVega New Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Hi,

I'm trying to get a highscore in Endless Mode by watching ads to refill my hearts and using gems to continue playing. However, my progress has been stopped several times, when no buttons work to tap on and continue after closing a video ad to refill my hearts. It doesn't happen every time, but to give you an example of one that did cause this bug, the most recent ad being for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. It was the type where a 30 second clock counts down, and then an X appears to close the ad.

Looks like the developer may be active here, could you please look into this bug? Thank you.