Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    The launch of "iPhone 2.0" and the iTunes App Store will take place in late June. On that day, purchasing a game for the iPhone can be done quickly, easily, and from just about anywhere.

On day one, many games will be available for download and many more will be coming in the weeks and months (and years) ahead.

Which games do you want to see land on the iPhone platform? Any old school classics or modern favorites you're dying for?

bp

2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
  3. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    i would like to see some type of Fighting game like motal kombat not really the same title but something in fighting genre and another one will be the most anticipated from my point of view will be DOOM. ;)

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Sony's Wipeout would be one that I think would "feel" right on the iPhone. It's another racing type game, but somehow the use of accelerometer seems like it would work out just right.

Attached Files:

5. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    NHL iPhone Game

I think someone should make an NHL game for the iPhone (And yes, I am Canadian :D)

The controls would be simple. You use the accelerometer to move your player around. To shoot, you flick the screen in the direction you want to shoot, and do a down then up motion for slap shots (very similar to NHL 08 skill stick). To pass, you just slide your finger in the direction of the player you want to pass to to. Other various moves:

Change player: double tap
    Check Player: tap other team's player
    Poke Check: hold finger down on touch screen

BTW, Anyone can use my idea (I don't have a mac, so I can't program this). Just PM me if you are going to use my idea (and put me in the credits!!!).

All comments are welcome (don't flame me if you don't like my idea, please!).

6. blakespot

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Good notion. I'm a huge Wipeout fan ( obviously ). Tilt control could add to the game. We might get a taste for this in the soon-to-be-released Wipeout HD coming for the Playstation 3, as the SIXAXIS controller is accelerometer-equipped. Would love to see the franchise land on the iPhone.

But...it's unlikely. Sony owns Psygnosis who is behind Wipeout. And...well...you know who makes the PSP...

blakespot

7. blakespot

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    I'd not mind seeing a simple game of accelerometer-controller Lunar Lander on the iPhone / iPod touch.

Attached Files:

• ll.jpg
      ll.jpg
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
  8. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Making the fighting game for touch screen might be difficult ;> someone need to invent good fighting input first for touch screen only device. Visual buttons are simply to flat and slow.

I think we gonna see it ^^ and i think it will be free ;]

9. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    that would be a challenge for the developers to sell the fighting game with the on screen buttons. i personally don't like onscreen control but i am sure there might be a solutions... ;)

10. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Well we got Namco on-board already ;p they except making arcade games, they mostly do fighting games, they got 2 great series in there hands ^^: "Tekken" and "Soul Calibur/Edge" i don't think they are keep makeing Sony exclusives, they already made ones Soul Calibur launch product for DreamCast ;p well the only problem is still... controls on touch screen only device ;>

11. Bigwig

Bigwig Member

May 30, 2008
    I'm looking forward to Sega's Super Monkey Ball.

12. JosephmWood

JosephmWood Member

May 30, 2008
    i would love to see Grim Fandango on the iPod Touch. Grim Fandango would translate so easily. Anyone else? LucasArts games would be perfect, they already got Day of the Tentacle and so on.....Grim Fandango is next!

13. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    I'm a dork. I would like to see a good bowling game. :)

14. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    [​IMG]

may happen. freeverse was working on it, though that was a mockup.

arn

15. Bigwig

Bigwig Member

May 30, 2008
    I second that.

16. brengla

brengla New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    The Beautiful Katamari

Hi all,

I think Katamari would be brilliant. I also think that Loco Roco would be excellent. Best of all though? Lemmings. They made it for Palm, so why not the iphone I the iPod touch?

17. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Yeah, Lemmings would be cool.... but theres a problem, same as WipeOut, Lemmings is creation of Psygnosis owned by Sony (creator of PSP ;p)... so if market will treat iPhone OS as a gaming platform, we would not see Lemmings on it.

18. Jeav93

Jeav93 Member

Jun 9, 2008
    i'm expecting to see something decent, with proper graphics and gameplay...

19. LineRider

There is an online game called LineRider that would be an excellent game for the iPhone. They are currently porting the game to the DS and the Wii, so why not Apple's new platform?

20. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Well theres one problem... iPhone OS platform don't have precise pointing input such as DS Stylus or Wiimote... oh well but why not try touch ;p