Universal World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ip4weather, May 5, 2014.

1. DN Mic

DN Mic Active Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Iron force, battle supremacy, etc... All but are just a copy. WORLD OF TANKS is the Golden standard in Tank Warfare

2. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I haven't tried Iron Force, but I read several reviews of it, which all talked about how unbalanced it felt, with it being very grindy and susceptible to pay-to-win. WoT on the other hand seems to offer much more even competition independent of how much you've spent on the game.

3. RamazUltra

RamazUltra Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Finally picked this game up and it's fresking awesome!!!

4. joydiv

joydiv Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Med Student
    Lisbon
    #204 joydiv, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Wow. Won my first (and last in all probability) Raseinai Heroes' Medal in a Tiger. Crazy crazy game. Had to fight the 3 remaining enemy tanks alone (Kolobanov's Medal), but managed to fight them piecemeal. By the end I was almost shaking I was so excited.

I think that's the ultimate statement of how good the game is. To me at least.

Any other recipients?

By the way, can't stress enough the importance of angling your armor. If you're not doing it - and a lot of people aren't - you should start right now. It's a huge boon.

5. DN Mic

DN Mic Active Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Ikr. Angling helps alot if ur against an equal-tiered tank. On the other hand I have yet to see a tank that is best suited for side scraping.

6. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Heavy stealth nerf

They did not say so in the update, but they increased the money cost for tanks, at least in tiers V-VI, by 2-3 times. That's a lot of grinding now.

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
  8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    This is the best... But battle supremacy is good too.. Tank domination isn't bad either

9. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    The lag is getting unbearable on my iPhone 4s after the 1.3.0 update. It was fine before then wargaming decided to kill FPS. Made even worse due to micro lag from their servers, playing on my dad's iPhone 5 and makes it just as bad.

10. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    New British Steel update is out!! If anyone wants to play lets form a platoon!!!

I'm stoked!

Boy I'm sad as hell though, I stop playing WoT for just one month and I miss the special "FURY" Sherman tank, I would have bought that tank In a heartbeat I think it looks SO awesome in game. Man I'm bummed they took it off the IAP store so quickly :(

I haven't made a single IAP in WoT and I've worked my ass off and unlocked the Tiger 1 tank (I think teir 7 or 8?) so for anyone who thinks you need to spend real money to advance in this game is wrong. But the FURY Sherman is so awesome looking I would have whipped the credit card out in a heartbeat...

11. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    anyome experiencing server disconnection? Is it cause of the new upcoming update

12. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Get the Shinobi bundle!

13. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    With update 3.8 this game has essentially become pay to win. Also, with removal of binocular equipment from the game the only element of strategy that the game had has disappeared. Zero strategy involved now... now battles depend randomly on whether your time luckily decides to pick the right direction to go . Many tank destroyers are now disadvantaged in this game thanks to removal of binoculars.

On top of that they didn't adequately compensate existing players for removal of their equipment... don't spend any real money on this game. They will eventually take what you bought and nerf (change) it to oblivion or remove it altogether.

I repeat: caveat emptor if you spend any money on this game.