A Realization About The Games I Currently Play

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here's my most played games recently. Notice anything common (i hope the bold font gives it away) about them?

This is unbelievable...

Fast & Furious 6
    Injustice
    Pixel People
    Overkill 2
    Amazing Studly Strikes
    Legend of Holy Archer
    Into the Dead
    Verticus
    Iron Man 3

Jim & Frank Mysteries
    Symphony of Origin
    Temple Run Oz
    Ronin
    NOVA 3

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    All freemium?

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Mostly freemium. It's disgusting, but it's true.

Didnt even think of it til i decided to list some freemium games i put too much time in lately, and i realized, almost all of the are freemium.

I buy tons of premium games, but only found out i put more time into free ones.

Anyone else in the same boat?

4. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    It's by design. Quick, easy to get into with some kind of gameplay hook and slick visuals.

They can also set up daily rewards to keep it on your phone.

I also notice recent releases fill that list: you'll constantly replace them often with the same type of shiny freemium games.

These games are like soda/candy. Your premium games are your steak dinners. Do not sweat it.

5. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Now I'm curious. Do you usually buy IAP to keep going or just play the heck out of their free content?

6. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I usually have one the Evil App-xis freemium games on my phone (Glu, Gamevil or Gameloft), but there are so many of them you can rotate them out everytime you hit a pay wall and never pay a cent.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For the ones on the list, i only payed for Doublers for Pixel People, Into the Dead and Verticus, and then i bought the starter pack for Injustice.

I am loving Iron Man 3's gameplay, but the grind is very steep in this one (timers are a non-issue for this game). I've decided to plop in $10 worth of IAPs (havent done yet as it seems too early to skip through the experience of starting out) to see how far that'll take me, but im determined to unlock all the armors at least. I'd buy doublers in a heartbeat if there was one.