App description: A mix of Comics and RPG! Crowdfunded on KICKSTARTER!

"....a fantastic-looking interactive graphic novel that combines the art style of comic books with playable mechanics most commonly found in video games...."
-> (4+) Review by 148apps.com

SOUL GAMBLER is an interactive graphic novel inspired by Goethes Faust, a tragic play written in the 19th century. This is a contemporary and engaging adaptation of the masterpiece.

Soul Gambler puts YOU in the role of Faust, an ordinary young man living in the present day whose DESTINY is about to be change forever.

When Faust was leaving his boring job, a mysterious woman approached him. She made him a tempting proposal: SELL parts of his SOUL in exchange for the fulfillment of his every WISH.

NOW it is up to you to decide his fate!

> BECOME Faust and transform yourself in a Soul Gambler
> CHOOSE how the story unfolds, and even how it ends
> AMAZE yourself with gorgeous comic book-styled illustrations and environments
> OWN the ability to sell parts of your soul in exchange for many pleasures
> IMMERSE yourself in this shady world while listening to an involving soundtrack
> COMPLETE more than 20 challenging story-oriented achievements

Faust's FATE lies in your hands.
What are you waiting for? Time to GAMBLE your soul!
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
#51
Edit: wrong forum
10-25-2013, 02:00 PM
#52
By now I think you all know Peg, right? Those was the first concepts we drew of her (:
You guys can like our Facebook page to see some more intresting stuff about Soul Gambler!



EDIT: I had posted a GIAENORMOUS picture, sorry!

Last edited by narolol; 10-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.

10-25-2013, 06:50 PM
#53
Finally had time to do a second playthrough and I got the "Everything is Fine" achievement. Yay! It's amazing to me how different the story was even though I made just a few changes in my choices. I see several more replays in my future!
10-26-2013, 04:33 PM
#54
Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
Finally had time to do a second playthrough and I got the "Everything is Fine" achievement. Yay! It's amazing to me how different the story was even though I made just a few changes in my choices. I see several more replays in my future!
And what is your thought on the storyline, if I may ask? (:

(Also, consider givis us an honest review on the AppStore, it helps us keep making more games!)
10-28-2013, 10:42 PM
#55
Quote:
Originally Posted by narolol View Post
And what is your thought on the storyline, if I may ask? (:

(Also, consider givis us an honest review on the AppStore, it helps us keep making more games!)
I happily gave my 5 star review on the App Store. 😄 My thoughts on the storyline? I liked it - them - as I'm on my 4th play through now and it's amazing how different they are! As for the core storyline, I was impressed with how much it got me thinking. This game really is something special.
10-29-2013, 12:04 PM
#56
Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
I happily gave my 5 star review on the App Store. 😄 My thoughts on the storyline? I liked it - them - as I'm on my 4th play through now and it's amazing how different they are! As for the core storyline, I was impressed with how much it got me thinking. This game really is something special.
Hey, thank you very much! We are really, really happy to see people enjoying our game as much as we enjoyed make it! I think "something special" is one of the greatest comments about the game I've ever seen, seriously! D
10-29-2013, 08:53 PM
#57
I'm glad. I would have liked to be more eloquent, but it's hard to put into words. Let's just say that as a Literature major in college I've read several takes on Faust, and your game caused me to stop and think.
10-30-2013, 09:10 AM
#58
Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
I'm glad. I would have liked to be more eloquent, but it's hard to put into words. Let's just say that as a Literature major in college I've read several takes on Faust, and your game caused me to stop and think.
That's cool, so you're a fellow literature fan too huh?! Thats nice! (:

What other takes on Faust can you recommend us? It'd be great to have recommendentions from a Literature Major!
04-10-2014, 12:38 PM
#59
Got the best ending, it was a great game.
Didn't sell any of the soul.
Went Strength 3 Manipulation 0 Intelligence 1 Charisma 2
I reccomend to any adventure game fans.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.