Will updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 11make it slower?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by THE UNKNOWN, Jan 12, 2018.

1. THE UNKNOWN

THE UNKNOWN New Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Title.

Ever since fining out that apple purposely slows down performance I have been afraid to update to iOS 11.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I just updated my iPhone SE to iOS 11 from iOS 10 and I haven’t noticed any difference.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Depends on your battery. apple's throttle software throttles based on battery health. check out battery life doctor on app store if your curious about your batteries life. tap second details icon down (may have to kill a ad and then tap it again). yellow bar is your batteries health.

edit : and i seem to remember reading somewhere that this throttle software isnt new to 11, it was first added in 10 to the 6's. 11 was when they expanded it to 7 series phones. could be wrong. hmm.

4. ragnar28

ragnar28 Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Freelance graphic designer
    They claimed to have throttled older devices to last longer the battery more specifically . This to me is a bunch of... why would they not tell clients and also is it not the right of the client to decide this as they have purchased the product. In any case the ios11 should be better according to apples methodology. ( but i wont be because that whole thing was about sales ) they want you to buy a new pone and not upgrade your old one to run like new. ) Plus i dont know what new demand the ios11 would place on your battery if that was ever a real concern.