Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I mainly use my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 but I got an iPod touch 4G and tried the game on it and unfortunately really poor performance sorry iPod owners :( think twice before buying this, they really should say in the description recommended for latest ios devices

2. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    It works on the Itouch 4G! Follow these steps and enjoy! :)

1. Buy the game
    2. Start the game up
    3. Play until the game lags up
    4. Exit the app
    5. Turn off your itouch
    6. Turn it back on
    7. Launch the app again and it should no longer lag.
    Thank me later.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ not sure if that's a good idea. technically, that's what I did but the process is basically resetting your ipod every time the game starts lagging. in the end, you'll want to give up on playing altogether for all the work it takes (and missing out on giving people answers).

4. akovendetta

akovendetta Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #64 akovendetta, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Registered just to post... Looks cool, but stuttering on iPod 4g (32gb) makes it unplayable and glitchy. iPod owners beware...

And now i'm out $5 :(

And i rebooted after install, and after first lag experience... No dice still really bad. Plus it spoils the tension when everything lags just when something is gonna happen...

5. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Look, Lee, I know you won last year's staring contest, but right now there are more important things than a treehouse.

...Oh look, a zombie babysitter. Run, I guess.

6. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd definitely say that it's not worth getting if all you have is an iPod, which is a real shame because it is such a great game. I've tested it on both my 4th gen 32GB iPod and my 4th gen 8GB and it's just a stuttering mess. Plays great on my iPhone 4 though.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Tell you what! This SUCKS hearing about the ipods! I'm SO let-down and I'm SO disappointed it's unreal! Completely ruined my whole night! Was looking forward to this game for quite awhile. Has ANYONE had it work well on an ipod 4th gen. device? Think I'm gonna go kick the dog and beat my wife up! I don't wanna go to jail!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's somewhat chuggy on iPhone 4, even with a restart. Not really sure you'd wanna give this a try on iPod. :/ That said, screw it...it was $5. If I can manage to play through the entire episode without any major problems, I'll more than likely get the rest of the episodes...if not? Well **** me sideways, I'll just have to keep at it until bloody episode 2 decides to download on my frickin' laptop.

9. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    The main problem with iPod touch 4G is that the hardware is outdated the CPU and GPU are like the iPod touch 3G the only difference is the clock speed I don't know if over clocking with jail break might improve performance or not

10. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

you iPod Touch users need to upgrade to an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. This game plays great on my iPhone 4. #####

RIP to the headphone and earphone users on the cop car crash accident part :(

11. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Omg this game is awesome ^_____^ no sleep for me today

12. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Ok, this has to be my second best/fav horror game after dead space. I am playing this on my new IPad and plays/looks awesome. I like the cartoonish/stylish look of the game. Voice acting is top notch and most importantly the story line is the best. I bought it as soon as it hit the US AppStore and have been playing until now (2 hours so far) and will continue tomorrow.
    10/10 for me. Let's all get this game and support the devs. I am proud to see games this deep make it to the I devices:cool:

13. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Disappointing to see all the complaints regarding the iPod Touch. Not that it is laggy, but the fact that they say it works on the device as if there are no problems at all. You'd think that they haven't tested it, and just say it works on the device.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What a stupid thing to say !

I love my ipod touch as its a one off payment, i dont have to pay a silly monthly price for a phone just to play this game ? Come on. There is rumoured to be a new ipod touch coming out later this year, hope thats the case.

But when a game says 'will run on ipod touch 4th gen' it should run, its not like we're sat here moaning saying it wont work on an ipod touch 2nd gen.

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    THIS is how a point and click AND a horror game should be!

16. melez

melez Member

Jul 13, 2012
    France
    Hi , i need to know if i buy this game on my iphone can i transfer the game after on my Ipad ? Or i need to buy this game twice?

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The thread title says its universal so it'll be fine on your ipad, plus anyway open the app store on your ipad and walking dead will say 'install' i'm sure.

I dont think you can transfer game saves so theres no cloud storage, but its great the apps universal

As my ipod touch wont run it well i'll play it on my ipad

18. melez

melez Member

Jul 13, 2012
    France
    #78 melez, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks a lot.

I'm going to try to download the game tonight .

19. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Hi.

So, when ep 2 is released and downloaded, can you delete ep 1 from your device? Just wondering about size of 'file' and capacity on device.

ta,

20. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, there's an option to delete episodes within the app.