GameBone Pro - iPhone gaming controller announced...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by astrosaurus, Jun 23, 2009.

1. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
  2. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
  3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    "Is that a bone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"

"Actually it's my bluetooth enabled game controller"

Not cool

It might be useful if it came with video out cables. Plug your ipod touch to your tv and play games, movies, music, etc with the controller.

4. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    #4 DrJ, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
    craptastic - why no analog?

and how they hell am i supposed to use this on a train, or in car, waiting at a station, etc? i don't have 3 hands (yet) so how am i to hold the controller and the phone at the same time?

this is completely impractical, impossible to use anywhere except at home. pointless.

i also like their claim of ""made for iPod" and "works for iPhone" certification"**

**pending Apple aproval.

so its certified, except for the fact that it isn't.

5. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    You can buy video out cables. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454

It's not a bad idea. I just don't understand how you will map the controls for Eliss or Touchgrind or Sway or Ocarina or Zenbound or Rolando, etc to rigid and real buttons.

6. ex86

ex86 Active Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Portland, OR
    But see, that's where you're wrong. Once you get your GameBone Pro controller, you should also get the versatile, stylish, and extremely comfortable Argo video eyeware. That way you don't have to hold anything except the controller on the train. And you won't look ridiculous at all. And you know that you won't get a better quality product than from 22Moo.

http://www.22moo.com.au/products/argo-videoeyewear.htm[​IMG]

I'm not sure if you can actually play games through that thing though. The site is amusing though.

7. touchme

touchme Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Bay Area
    And yet a lot of people will buy the controller because it's the first one on the market.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
  9. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    anyone gonna TOFTT?
    i know im not

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I know you can get them I just think it would be a good idea to bundle them with the controller.

Also, is it possible for an external controller to emulate the device's accelerometer?

If so then a solid controller would mean that I wouldn't need an appletv anymore

11. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    u are all right!
    its non sense
    i still prefer icontrolpad
    u cn still use accelometer using it and u dont have to buy another hand to use that gameboneproruruoot,hahahah
    addition of analog ng shoulder buttons would make icontrolpad perfect
    hahahaha

12. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    GameBone

Ahahahahaha.

13. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I'd like to play Eliss with that...

14. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    GameBone? Ohhhh so tempted to say something. Let me check the rules first.

15. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Those "glasses" or whatever you call them look, really dumb. Who in their right mind would wear those?!?! The "glasses" dont even look like glasses. They look more like fly eyes (sorta)...Those "glasses" are pretty epicly failing. And have you seen the price? Thats even more of a epic fail...

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Its not the best looking controller but i would get it to keep at home it does look comfortable in hands to me though. The thing that has sold me is the list of features on the controller that compliment my iTouch. especially the mic and audio features.

Dual connectivity - Connect with Bluetooth wirelessly OR use the 30-pin dock connector cable (play with or with out a cord attached for added freedom) ;)
    2000mAh Lithium-ion Battery for additional power for your iPod touch / iPhone* (charge your Touch while playing for exteneded battery life!!!) :D
    LED showing charging state and capacity (great feature)
    8-way D-Pad with 6 buttons (Not too sold on the buttons but oh well)
    Bluetooth button for pairing and status (sweet feature)
    Built-in speakers, mic and 3.5 audio headphone jack (this would go great with a lot of apps on the iTouch that use mic i.e. Beatmaker, Voice recorder, skype, etc...) :D :cool:
    • "Made for iPod" and "Works for iPhone" certification**

I hope its small...it would be nice if they could add a small analog pad or two? (similar to psp?) If they could pull of an accelerometer and/or vibrating feature then i for one would have no complaints. I look forward to getting this and hope for the best on this product. I will most likely pick it up mainly based off the features it offers. I just hope it wont be overpriced. :)

17. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    The bone looks comfortable in your hands? I think we found out a little too much about you today bro.

18. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Woot we can actually look into that eye wear to play? Awesome but its still not suitable for outdoor use.

19. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I just love how they call those glasses stylish.

20. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Ok... Somehow, people always act like the tilt/touch controls on the iPhone are SO HARD AND DIFFICULT AND IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL!! Yet, they expect to make it easier by making us hold an iPhone with one hand and a controller with two?!?!?! People are so stupid! A seven year old can use a touch screen and tilt a device. I honestly don't know what's so hard about it.