Dragon Quest I-VIII by Square Enix.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Oct 8, 2013.

1. #1 Haruhi, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Wondering how it will work out since SquareEnix is sadly also know for screwing up their biggest Franchises too :(

3. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Any indication of these coming to the west? I really hope so.

4. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Just heard the news. Its a start from SE. Guess they saw how much Chaos Rings is selling, as well as Kotobuki Solutions sales. I'm prepared to spend $15.99 per game, which I expect SE to charge. Might get an Ipad to play these games, as playing on a tiny Iphone screen doesn't do the games justice

5. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Agreed - if we get them in the west. No confirmation yet of DQVII on 3DS or DQ X...so I can't get excited until we get some hint of a western release. I love DQ and the drought in the west is killing me...

6. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    #6 ZigZaGame, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    cant wait. more pics i found.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2013/10/08/images/game1.jpg

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2013/10/08/images/game3.jpg

edit: looking at their press release, it looks like they are also coming out with "Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light", which I assume will be a social game, I can see that cygames is involved, the company that made rage of bahamut.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2013/html/56a7abe635cc1de7c0719e76f250d640.html

7. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    i just want hitman and theft for iOS from them :(

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Will it only release in JP or worldwide?

9. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    cant find any info, but im pretty confident at least the dragon quest official ports will be worldwide just like final fantasy.

10. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Probably another awesome thing they'll keep for their Japanese fan base while they spew out iapfests and garbage for us in the west.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    So boring. It means that the JP always play before us. :(

12. VaudooG33k

VaudooG33k Active Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Quebec/Canada
    I really hope that they release them worldwide!

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm looking forward to playing the Dragon Quest games on iOS if I have to learn japanese to do it (but I doubt I'll need to). The portrait orientation screenshot of running looks awkwardly framed with different aspect ratio.

...but I really, really want Final Fantasy VI (aka the best Final Fantasy ever) first.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    They still leave their big titles as they are, or with few cosmetic changes, but they leave the gameplay intact.

What you are talking about are the spinoffs that are money grabs, but still, most of these money grabbing spinoffs are still good games on their own. Basically, they are using the big franchise titles to make sure their games (the spinoffs) make money.

15. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The spinoff a to DQ are all really great. Monsters & Rocket Slime specifically are fantastic. DQ is my favorite rpg series and I guess the article writer on TA didn't know its been DQ in the USA for a long time now.

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    What makes you say that?

17. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Any indication we'll get a western release as well?…l'm hopeful given that's how Final Fantasy has worked on iOS..but there has been nothing in the west for DQ for so long.

I really would rather have this on Wii-U or PS4…the small screen is not the best for such a massive adventure, but I'll take what I can get.

18. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Oh, played just one game of the series, will be awesome to try it out on the ios.