Marvel Unlimited - $0.99 for one month subscription

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by undeadcow, Jul 24, 2014.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Deal is dead

Auto-renewal (at rate of $9.99/month) applies so you will need to manually cancel membership after the month.

During this week only (on account of San Diego Comic Con) Marvel Comics is offering a month of unlimited access to it's digital subscription service (Marvel Unlimited) for $0.99. Access Marvel's 15,000 some comics online without restriction and download up to 12 at a time for offline reading.

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Yeeeeeeees! thanks dude

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Along the lines of Marvel Comics... there's some freebies with promotional codes...

https://comicstore.marvel.com

Black Widow 2014 #1 with code widow
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2008 #1 with code dna
    Uncanny Avengers #1 with code unity
    Inhuman #1 with code blackbolt

4. Comics...digital...no interest for me.

5. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    K...

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Have to agree with you in this one, I much prefer having a comic or magazine in my hand, the same goes for books digital versions just don't do it for me.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yes... but this here is all your can read. Physical copies are nice, but the amount of access with Marvel Unlimited seems unprecidented even if they are digital only.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    So I could pay $1 and download a butt load of comics and that's that?

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Can we keep the comics on our iDevices after cancelling the monthly sub?

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #10 undeadcow, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Marvel Unlimited incorporated digital rights management limitations to place some reasonable restrictions. You can only download 12 at a time for offline viewing, it seems like you can only view comics within their software/website. ...but for the duration of your membership you can view a butt load of comics and that's that, not restriction to online viewing.
    Likely you could download 12 comics then when your subscription ends they'd probably still be loaded on your device. Not sure if there's a mechanism to prevent that.

Edit: The subscription does auto-renew so must be manually cancelled afterall, keep an eye out for that.

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ah, I see. Your device will only hold up to 12 titles. I can't just download all Avengers titles and then cancel. Gotcha!

12. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    OMG! This was the buggiest piece of S**T app I have ever in my life seen! All I wanted to do was to download the first 6 issues of All New X-Men for offline reading, and this piece of trash app just keeps loading whenever I tap on a comic but never shows it, won't download the comic when I choose to do so, crashes all the time and when I start it up again it won't save the comics I put into my library! Complete gotdamn waste of 99c!

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    My experience since I signed up today has been terrible. My guess is the server traffic is exceeding expectations and causing the issues. Hopefully this will clear up in a few days.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's a 90% off sale for an already popular service, being promoted at Comic Con. Settle down and give it a couple days. The amount of rage a dollar can generate is truly mindboggling.

15. monsterhunter

monsterhunter Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah but it sucks for those of us who are already subscribed at full price but cant access anything because of this ill-conceived sale.

16. xraydash

xraydash Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Uh-huh. I've been a subscriber for over a year and absolutely love it. Opened the app today and not only can it not connect, but somehow the comics I had already downloaded were deleted.

17. monsterhunter

monsterhunter Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yep. Not only were the comics I downloaded gone, but the library of comics I saved for reading later disappeared as well. Terrible service from Marvel to their customers paying $70 a year.

18. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I know this is off topic, but as someone who's literally only read sonic the hedgehog an scooby doo comics, what the heck do I start with? I like deadpool, from what I've heard of him/the trailer for his game, and I just read his origin story and girl deadpool. But what else? Like holy shiz there's a ton of comics

19. xraydash

xraydash Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2012
    You can search by publication date, so I would recommend starting in October 2012. Pick any titles you are interested in and work forward from there. That month marks the beginning of "Marvel Now!" when they did a sort of relaunch of the Marvel Universe. The purpose was to provide newer readers, especially ones who had maybe only seen the movies, with a starting point to jump on in.

20. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    So, as an example, deadpool from 2012 foward is gonna be this new thing? And Thor, Spider-Man, whoever? Cool.