Games that are so cheap you feel guilty paying at that price

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Mar 30, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Name some ios games that you bought at normal price that seem worth way more than what you paid for the game.

Geometry Dash. At $2 with all the amazing well designed levels and game mechanics and endless hours of game play from user created levels, it seems like a steal. On top of that the dev is constantly updating the game and is involved in the TA forums.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Slayin - especially after that huge free update with 3 new characters
    Kid Tripp
    Cardinal Quest 2 - as long as you play the game, without even trying at farming youstill get to unlock everything
    KOTOR - still too cheap at $10 with the quality and content it provides
    TWEWY - see KOTOR notes
    Adventure Beaks - the only real price here is getting 2 more penguins, but that isnt required at all to fully enjoy this game
    Polara - this needs to have a sequel, and i'd still instabuy it at $10.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Bug Heroes 2 - free
    Bardbarian - $.99
    The Room - free
    The Room 2 - $.99

4. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Adventure Beaks - Free!
    Asphalt 8 - €.89 (now free)

Those are absolute steals. Tons of beautiful gameplay for low to zero money. :)

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #5 coolpepper43, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    That's cool but I am talking about full normal price, not on sale or free. Btw, I didn't know that bug heroes 2 went free.

6. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    It was released free.

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Grand theft auto San Andreas, considering its console price.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #8 awp69, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    With the hopes we see those chapters....

I could easily list dozens of game. I'd say pretty much every game that I've enjoyed on iOS is way under priced just as the nature or the App Store.

But if I had to pick just one, it would be Asphalt 8. It's really the anti-Gameloft, Gameloft game. Amazing amount of content and the best racing game on the App Store. It's also probably the only game that went freemium that I didn't mind. At $.99, it was console quality racing and I loved it.

Yet, there's hundreds of other games that are absolute steals on iOS. As another mentioned, Adventure Beaks is yet another one that is fantastic and I was more than happy to buy an IAP because I would have felt guilty otherwise.

9. Yeah awp, A8 has to be one of the very best freemiums out there. In fact, I will say it is the best.

10. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Second Chance Heroes: 0.99 for a super game

11. Swordigo. I don't know what I paid but that was the most satisfying game I've played on my iPod and we're talking 6 years of an iPod touch over $100 a year on apps. I would've paid $10

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Another vote here for Swordigo. Why oh why they've never made a sequel to it i dont know. An exceptional game.

I played Aralon a TON as well, even at its full price (think it was $6.99) it was well well worth it. Same for Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2, those games were great, played them to the end (i dont always do that with iOS games as i have so many to dip in and out of) and so i was sooo disappointed with DH3 and DH4

13. #13 markymarkanddafunkybunch, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    I can't get into 3D games on iPod or else I would buy aralon. Yea a sequel to swordigo would be awesome. Shall we start a petition? :)

Edit: that is somewhat of a lie because I enjoy Lego Star Wars. I had to force myself to like it though. No pun intended (force)

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've emailed them a few times and dont get much response back, strange as everyone raves about Swordigo, has had great reviews everywhere, you would think a sequel would have been obvious. Shame

But the more people who contact them the better

15. They probably get asked all the time. I tried there other game and I deleted it within 20 seconds. It was dizzying.

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Soosiz is one of my all time favorites. I can see what you mean about getting dizzy but those are my favorite types of games (Super Hexigon).

17. Awe man. Yea no way could I handle that game. I'd have to be amped up on Dramamine

18. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Dizzier the better. Also, any game that epileptics have to avoid are a must buy for me.

19. Buy swordigo. I guarantee you won't regret it

20. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    He meant gamelofts ones