I'm a casual gamer and my iDevices are old...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FlavorDave, Dec 28, 2014.

1. FlavorDave

FlavorDave Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Male
    Chairman of the Bored
    Sector 7-G
    I searched but couldn't find a suitable answer so I'm going to ask point blank and please, forgive my amateur status...

I have an iPhone 4 8gb running iOS 6.1.3 and an iPad 2 16 gb running iOS 7.0

I have Bastion, Batman: Arkham Lockdown and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns taking up 1.2, 1.0 and 1.4 GB of space on my iPad.

I have iCloud backed up and have checked and made sure that these games are included and they are.

My question is, if I delete these games and then at a later date reinstall them, will my game progress be saved or will I have to start all over?

Thank you and forgive my "n00b" status!

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Hey,

Sadly, the answer is no. iCloud backup acts as a full device backup. If you delete these games and back up again, iCloud will simply replace the old backup with the new, save-less backup.

The good news is, some games can specifically save their data into iCloud. These games don't depend on backups at all, and can be deleted and reinstalled any time, as long as they're configured to use cloud saves.

Go to the Settings app, then iCloud, then either Documents or iCloud Drive. There you'll be able to see a list of apps which have documents specifically saved into iCloud.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    If you have a PC, you can use a program such as ifunbox to take the save files off your device and to your PC and then delete the app, if you reinstall you can pop them back on. I do this to back upmy daughters terraria and minecraft worlds after she accidently deleted her map. It sounds complicated but honestly it's easy.

4. FlavorDave

FlavorDave Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Male
    Chairman of the Bored
    Sector 7-G
    Thank you all for replying.