War Z - June 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JBRUU, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #1 JBRUU, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
  2. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    #2 kcur, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Can anyone embed the trailer? The IGN player was horribly small and laggy.

Edit: Never mind, just realized it linked to the mobile version of the site.

3. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    It still looked interesting though.

4. thiefwriter

thiefwriter Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Looks like an on rails shooter...

5. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Holy crap! This June?? From Phosphor games studio??? A zombie shooting game???? Shut Up and Take my money!!!!

6. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    It seems that there s not gonna be a lot of freedom here but its definitely not an on rail shooter since they said there are gonna be puzzles inside!! Plus i trust the guys from phosphore. I'm not a big fan of the control scheme of horn bit its definitly one of the best ios game ever!! This trailer looks sick btw!!!

7. The movie looks stupid, the game looks meh. I scrolled down to see the comments, and reaffirmed that the IGN community is nothing but a bunch of ignorant, stupid dirtbags.

"Oh, it's a mobile game? It's automatically gonna suck."

SEVERAL people said something along those lines. It said that its a mobile game in the title, why are they wasting their time commenting about it?! They have NO idea what mobile gaming is! They have me really steamed right now...

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This looks wicked. Love what i see.

9. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This looks pretty cool.

10. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    As a member of IGN myself, I can tell that a majority of IGN members don't play mobile games, they have their Xbox/PS3 and PC. Their statement is:" Why would we wanna play a game that has crappy graphics with a stupid virtual stick on a tiny screen when we already have COD on our xbox/ps3???"

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Dude, its IGN.
    Place is full of wannabe "OMG LEET HARDCOREZ" caffine injected keyboard monkeys. Ignore their stupidity. Please.

12. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm a ps3, PC player but by no means am I an elitist.

This game looks fantastic and to have this on mobile when I'm travelling or just sitting around is very cool. I can appreciate a great mobile game whether it's CodWAW zombies or modern combat 3, Nova 3, Ashphalt 7,etc... etc... I'm a fan of mobile gaming also.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Not really impressed by the trailer at all. Nothing unique was shown graphically, in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, anything. Just looked terribly generic.

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    JBRUU that should be your trademark

15. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Active Member

May 15, 2013
    The amount of enemies looks great, but the animations are terrible (I feel like it was done through a particle system), we will see what will be the gameplay and atmosphere.
    I hope that this sort of slaughterhouse will be available real arsenal of weapons such as RPG or Flamethrower.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What should be my trademark?

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Granted those comments are stupid but then again your comment of 'the movie looks stupid' is a bit OTT. Zombie films are great. Looking forward to this one

18. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Paramount Digital Entertainment and award-winning Phosphor Games Studio bring global apocalyptic panic to you in the newly announced World War Z game. Set to release on May 30, the game will launch on iOS and select Android devices.
    Offering a fully immersive experience, players are dropped into the middle of the World War Z chaos. Casual and core gamers will both love the game’s action-packed first person experience and electrifying story. Featuring 28 visceral levels, intense combat, engaging puzzles, upgradable weapons and armor, an unlimited challenge mode, and a global scale, this game challenges you: play to survive.

The World War Z game is available on iOS and select Android devices on May 30. World War Z, the film, revolves around ex-United Nations employee Gerry lane (Brad Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop a pandemic that is toppling armies and governments, and threatening to decimate humanity itself. The film hits theaters worldwide on June 21.

Attached Files:

19. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I think it looks alright, particularly those photos above, maybe the trailer was just terrible

20. So the movie in no way looks rediculous to you? Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.