Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2014, 03:30 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Not bad but not convinced. Screen is too small.

Definitively prefer Block Legend !
Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Hopefully there will be a gameplay vid of this soon. Actually what really interests me is the battle screen on top. The issue I had with block legends is that animations are almost non-existent / unnoticable. The attack / shield animations were basically one different frame and I barely had time to look up to see them do it since it lasts for a slit second. Might as well have a static image there.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Verdict? Does it have any GC?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Verdict? Does it have any GC?
There is GC with leaderboards and achievements
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
There is GC with leaderboards and achievements
Oh!?!?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by angua2105 View Post
PS: Game does look promising (btw, only the achievements were "translated"). As to the game play - match 3 mechanic is fine, but the magic system is explained with the help of pictures. And I don't get them . Have to wait until someone who is more clever than me shows up .
Seriously, the game's instructions are terrible. The tutorial and magic spells are all displayed with pictures that don't make much sense without context.

As far as I could tell, each race gets 3 different spells, one powered by fire mana, one by water mana, and one by plant mana. Matching mana charges your spells and they automatically fire after being fully charged (one of my spells made a wild mana tile which was annoying because if it didn't spawn in the right spot it was free for my opponent to use).

Frankly, I would be really surprised if anybody felt compelled to buy this after playing the free version. At its best, there's it's pretty polished. The problem is that the polish is really inconsistent. The gameplay is a big miss for me. It's slow-paced, repetitive, lacking in strategy, and poorly explained.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx99 View Post
Frankly, I would be really surprised if anybody felt compelled to buy this after playing the free version. At its best, there's it's pretty polished. The problem is that the polish is really inconsistent. The gameplay is a big miss for me. It's slow-paced, repetitive, lacking in strategy, and poorly explained.
I agree. And the instructions/tutorial could def be better and do a better job at explaining. The picture tutorial looks nice, but I wouldperhaos recommend the dev to put some written instructions in addition to what is already there.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
I've only played a little and I'm sure TheFrost will leave impressions but it's clearly made for the smaller iPhone screen but they have filled the space in on the 5s with boarders around the side.

The gameplay itself allows you to have 3 files I assume one for human, Orc and elf. It is level based as it takes you to a map where you complete level after level. The graphic at the top with troops lined up just auto fight each other as you make matches, it is turn based matching and I did hope by seeing abilities there they would be active abilities but they just fire on their own after so many matches of the relating element.

There is an upgrade page to chose which abilities you want, there are 3 choices for each element all look similar. I'll try and play more when I get time later but after my initial play I feel a little let down as it doesn't seem as deep as I hoped.
You pretty much nailed it But you forgot some stuff: Its really slow paced and the animations on top just go on without any similarity with the actual gameplay below it. A total miss. Block Legend or Dungeon Raid are way better in my opinion. Bummer because I need a new game this week and I cant find it.... (I had Glorkian Warrior for a month now, its not the same)
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM

Default Game Impressions