Best multiplayer games? Why?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ZigZaGame, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Hi Guys,

I'm doing some research for our game and was wondering what your thoughts were on multiplayer.

To be specific,

1. What are your favorite multiplayer games?

2. Why? what part of the system make it top class?

Thanks in advance!

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I cant give names of good multiplayer games on IOS because i'd rather not do a list. Having said that for me they all have a lot in common as follows;

1) No cheap server, don't waste money buying what you don't need though. Having said that if a server is too cheap and it can't handle the player load then you can be sure a player like me will leave it fast. After all, there are so many games with good servers to chose from :)

2) Depth, completely dependant on the type of game really but even in a shooter you can have depth and customisation.

3) Customer support, pretty obvious one here

4) No broken promises, I have played lots of online games on iOS where companies have made promises they can't keep. If you can't be sure don't promise and then there won't be dissapointment :)

5) Taunts. Every god multiplayer game needs a taunt as far as I am personally concerned! If it;s tacky its not good, but well handled taunt systems can be a whle lot of fun

6) Good games don't punish players for accidentally walking into a bug that made it trhough development and into testing.

7) For the best games, try to create an environment that encourages a mature player base (i'm not talking about age, just maturity) and then with that throw in an online chat system

8) Competitiveness and/or cooperation. If an online game doesn't have either of these or both then one may as well not play online and eat up bandwidth :)

hope this helps, i realise its very generic but if you would like me to pick one of my favourite online games and say why I think that is good I can do that too!

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    1. On iOS: Shadowgun: Deadzone.

2. It works and isn't laggy. The controls are comfortable and easy to use. Each game is quick.

BTW, I hardly play online multiplayer games over the internet.

Also, Shadowgun: Deadzone did not need me to give my email or Facebook or Twitter just to play.

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This question is way too general.

5. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #5 xStatiCa, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Galcon Fusion - Addictive and challenging. Multiplayer is what makes this game.

Your strategy has to adapt to the way others are playing the game.
    You can just jump right into a game and spend a few minutes in team games or spend hours playing FFA and team games.

UPDATE: The developer just completed a kickstarter campaign for Galcon 2 too and succeeded!

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What kind of multiplayer? That's a broad spectrum.

7. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
  8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    FPS: Modern Combat 4(best multiplayer game on iOS, any genre!!)

Sports: Fifa 13

TPS: Trigger Fist

Not much experience in rest. Bike Race was something me and my friends enjoyed a while ago.

9. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Thanks everyone, I will check those out. To be specific, we are working on multiplayer for Dragon Island Blue, in which you

collect monsters: travel the world, battle monsters and catch them.

make a line-up of monsters: think baseball's battling order. line-up cant be changed mid battle, 3 monsters are present from each party and when one goes down, the next one in line replaces it.

battle: classic rpg style, think early Dragon Quest games, with monster abilities inspired by card games.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    COD WAW Zombies. Just damn fun.

Heroes and Castles. More damn fun. Tactical, strategical, get to hack up skeletons.

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Agreed.

Also: online sniper league. Especially if you play with someone who's in the same room :D It's a very original strategic shooter.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Lead Wars. Mostly because the game itself is just freakin' brilliant rather than anything specifically related to multiplayer.

13. #13 dariusjr98, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Yeah, I liked that game, but the freemium system ruined it for me.

All the Modern Combat and NOVA games have multiplayer, and they're fun as hell. Trigger Fist and Doodle Army 2 are great too, that is, if you have a good conmection for both. SAS Zombie Assault 3 makes an excellent online DSS, if you can find people to play with. If you have a friend with an iDevice, you can play Minigore with them. Zombieville USA 2 is the best arcade shooter, and also has co-op. Vs Racing 2 is an excellent top down racer, and technically has multiplayer. RAD Soldiers is a turn based strategy game, and that also has multiplayer.

Hope this helps.

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    What freemium system? That one where you can download the game for free and play it with other people? You don't have to buy perks or better guns at all, and everything is quite cheap actually. Just play the versus mode where there are no perks and you're good. You really didn't have to purchase anything in that game, besides you could get lots of money from missions and multiplayer (specially when doing waggers).

15. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I play a lot Vs. Racing 2 locally and RAD Soldiers online. Vs. Racing 2 give a great arcade experience, RAD Soldiers is async turn-based so that you can play wherever you are whenever you want.