Universal Pocket RPG - (by Tasty Poison / Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 13, 2011.

1. LifeIsWeird

LifeIsWeird Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Got this about a week ago and I'm loving it, Though I haven't gotten very far. I'm about the beat the game with a battle mage then I'll try blade master.

2. Evan.Greenwood

Evan.Greenwood Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Game Programmer
    Cape Town
    There is going to be some new content, but it will take a while. We want to add another area with some extra monsters.

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Is the iPhone/iPod version still on track to come out this month? Do you have a target release date in mind?

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    No rush! Great to get more, I do not even mind to pay for it!

5. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    This!

6. bouglibougla

bouglibougla Member

Jul 14, 2011
    didnt like this one at all.
    cannot stand 3D First Person games on iphone, make me nervous :)
    anyway not big fan of visual neither interface,
    scenario looked quiet basic boring but didnt play a lot maybe if you dig in it gets ok ...

7. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    eh, this isn't a first person game - it's third person.

8. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    From what I can decipher in that message, it sounds like you're playing a completely different game.

9. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Has anyone achieved to kill the Ice Dragon ?

Because I encountered a bug.

I killed the fire and the undead dragons with the Ranger. But for the Ice dragon, I finished the last quest, but I have never seen it. I received the end's congratulations, where I saw my Ranger and the killed Ice dragon, without to kill it. Strange. And no Gamecenter achievement of course.

Now, it seems that I have to begin again the fire dragon... :confused:

10. RayZZoo

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    #310 RayZZoo, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    In the end, I was able to kill the Ice Dragon. I began a new one with the Blade Master : killed the Undead Dragon, and after killed the Ice which appears without bug this time.

I'm happy :)

Sometimes, the game crashes (1.02)... but what a fantastic game. A lot of fun !!! I have done all the game with the three characters. It's one of my best iOS game.

A last words... For the Gamecenter leaderboards, it doesn't work for me. In the leaderboard "achievements points" , it counts the number of achievements (81/100), and not the value of achievements (444/601). But for the others players, I see their total. So, I'm only in 8821 position. Strange.

And for the achievements relative to the boss, I'm not able to do it (ie : kill the boss under 2 or 1 minutes, kill the boss under level 9, kill the boss without a single health potion). Is there a bug with these achievements ? For the killing time, I have no proof of course to kill it before the end time (there is no counter, but I'm able to kill a boss very faster... a least under 2 minutes), but for the "kill a boss under level 9", I'm sure to achieve it and to enter the final door of a quest in level 8.

11. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Aug 5, 2011
    help with new version

so i dl'd it as V1.01, and then when V1.02 came out (with the multiple save slots) i updated it, and just now again to V1.03. However, the game is still saying it's only V1.01 and i still have no extra save slots. Any ideas on why this is occurring?

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Mine still says V1.01 and there is no sign of extra saveslots either - I've also downloaded V1.03...

13. RayZZoo

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    #313 RayZZoo, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    Multiple save slots mean that you are able to do campain with the 3 characters in parallel.

But "Resume" menu will always resume your last game.

Try to switch between the characters. You will see that your current campain will not be lost.

For your information, in the credit, I'm also in 1.01. But in reality, I'm in 1.03 and I'm able to play with all the characters independently without lose my save.

You can verify the version like this : enter a quest or resume your game, pause the game. if you see in the menu "list move" you are in 1.03.

14. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, the multiple save slots thing is not very clear, and therefore is throwing a lot of people off.

Just consider the "Start New Game" button as a "Change Character" button instead. Each character is its own save slot, so you can switch between them at any time using "Star New Game."

Just remember to finish running the dungeon you are currently in before switching characters, or you will have to start that dungeon over again when you switch back.

15. Sven78

Sven78 New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Not wanting to seem impatient. Been checking here daily for any updates with regards to the iPhone release, but there's been no news.

When you released this on the iPad you mentioned (in the other forum) that iPhone would be released a month or so later.

Any plans to release in the near future? I'm looking forward to sharing the goodness.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    should be submitted for iPhone by tonight - if all is good in the world...

17. Sven78

Sven78 New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Awe!

Any chance you could brush off you customer service skills onto Atari? It's refreshing to see people responding so promptly to Johnny Public.

18. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Aug 5, 2011
    To Ray and Wizard. Cheers guys. Got it sorted. Thanks for the help

19. Evan.Greenwood

Evan.Greenwood Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Game Programmer
    Cape Town
    Sorry about that confusing 1.01 in the credits. The next version should correctly say 1.04.

I will be submitting the iPhone version today :)

20. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Did Tasty Poison finalize the decision to turn the iPad version into a universal one while having a separate iPhone/iPod version? Also, I was wondering if the new iPhone version would just be released the moment it is approved, or will we have to wait until the following Thursday?