Share you first-ever iOS gaming experience

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xco, May 18, 2014.

1. asd1234

asd1234 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    back in the days the devs loved to make/create games, and they were forced to give the best experience customers can have, other wise your friend, the next door ppl and all the gamers you knew from arcade who bought the game would have told you to stay away from it if it was a piece of crap. now you have an iphone and 95% of devs don't give a %#** on their customers/players becouse they know a big part of ppl who own an iphone/ipad start their gaming experience with their first idevice and they will buy everything is available on the store, no matter what ...

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree. I thought the N-gage was superb, i wanted a phone mostly for games so i thought it looked great. Nice idea at the time

3. asd1234

Mar 30, 2014
    yes, it was (too bad nokia finland didn't had their own S.J.) ...
    i remember i had tons of fun playin in real-time mp with friends, and had great games too!
    now i pay for games and i have to pay some more if i want to play more then 15-20min. and/or pay to get all the stuff game could offer and pay again to play against some weak-stupid ai/cpu in mp. -if this isn't a downgrade after so many years... and the n-gage was a phone too ...

4. asd1234

Mar 30, 2014
    anyone else had a hacked nokia n82, nokia n95 before the ios era? i remember playing quake III arena (port from pc) in mp. those phones were so good that you could even install and use an old windows on them

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit my main addiction many years back were Pocket PC's. There was one game/app called Morphgear, basically allowed you to play multiple sets of roms, eg SNES, NES, GB, GBA.

I thought Pocket PC's were superb for gaming, touch screen, but you could use the physical buttons for gaming, tons of games at tiny prices. Was a superb device back then.

Still think iOS is the best though, so many games/apps all on one device, love it!

6. asd1234

Mar 30, 2014
    #26 asd1234, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    my addiction were arcade(in the 90') & computer games(from '00-05). +i've played all types of games from any platform in the past

i have an idevice for so many years but still don't have no good memories from playin a fun mp game on it... wich i have from old n-gage phones
    edit: how many apps/games one have on his device depends for every person. now i have just 60 apps/games on my iphone and had hundreds on my old nokia

now i just resume to buy all ports that came to ios and just a few selection of new games. i can't walk around with my ps vita +my iphone no more, and i don't have time to play console between work and family...this is the main reason why i resume playin on my iphone

anyway, nice talkin to you

7. erhan9049

erhan9049 New Member

May 21, 2014
    Turkey
    My first game was Rolando on a friend's Iphone 3g. It was so much fun rolling those guys :)

8. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I've been gaming since the beginning, all the way back to Lights Off in the pre-App-Store Installer.app days...

God I feel old

9. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I remember a friend of mine got an iPhone 3G, and I thought the apps were awesome. The games were REALLY simple back then, so there wasn't much in terms of a learning curve. The most exciting game he has was a tilt based game, where you controlled a balloon floating through a house.

10. nharper73

nharper73 New Member

May 22, 2014
    I remember my son came home asking for an iPhone just so he can play Doodle Jump. All his mates at school were talking about... So I got myself an iPhone and played Doodle Jump myself without my son knowing. The coin dropped when I accidentally mentioned my high score when his mates were round...

11. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I honestly could not remember so I sent and looked at my purchase history in itunes.

For those of you wondering how to do it you go to itunes store (on pc) then go to bottom you will see account settings (click that) then you will see purchase history (click show all). then you can sort by year etc.

Looks like the first games I ever downloaded/played were paper toss, boxed in and Oregon trail.

I remember the first paper toss being pretty fun and the controls were pretty good for the touch screen.