Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thanks GP. I am going to try this :)

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hey GP thanks for this 'syncing' tip -tree and colosseum. I really wish BFS would change the gift receiving feature so we can keep track of more than 4 gem gifts. Seriously, this fix is WAY overdue. Make it like Gismonauts, what's so tough about that? Sorry, rant over. :rolleyes:

No Eclipse yet, boohoo.

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    1 topaz and 1 eclipse woot!
    Now 1 more of each plz so I can try for hold Olympus #2

6. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    You're welcome Foxy girl ;)
    Yep, totally with you on the gem gifting notice....have mentioned it to BS more than once in emails....usual response, we will pass your feedback on blah blah.

Just got a second eclipse cooking.....I stuck with blazing/earth and blazing/lava.
    Got one a piece from both combos....sorry cant remember the order though as I know I got lucky when I reversed the order.
    These combos seem to have worked for a few on wiki too as well as on here.

Good luck!

7. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011

8. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7188 Foxtail2010, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Cool, thanks! I've been using Air/Lava, so I'll kick them out and try yours.

EDIT:
    Whew, got an Eclipse cooking at last! Had to use gems to speed up fails, but Blazing/Earth worked - kept switching order so I don't remember what this one was either! Lol

9. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Finally....I got a solar eclipse cooking :D:D:D

Took dozens..I mean dozens of tries using both the epic and cave...and various combos. But the winner for me was Bones + Air

Now for the second.....

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    @Foxy & Deeneez......congrats to you both, good stuff! :)
    Sending good luck vibes to those of you who still need yours.

The actual solar eclipse happened here in Oz this morning....best view was in Canberra apparently....
    I missed the partial view here in Melbourne :(

11. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Was hoping that the black "blob" over the eclipse decoration would go away after the real eclipse happened:( Maybe you have to hachet a Eclipse dragon to make it go away or is it here until the 19th ? My first Eclipse is ready in about 3 hrs so will know.

Got all 3 of mine with Air/Lava (2 dragons/1 egg). Got 2 and decided I would try for the egg while waiting for the first 2 to get done so I could breed for the egg. Now I will send the last one to the cave.

Good luck to all those still trying.

12. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    The animation will remain as long as the Eclipse is available to breed using "regular" dragons which, I believe, is until Nov. 19th.

13. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Wow...got the second eclipse breeding in the cave already. Shocked that I got it again so soon :eek: Again with Bone + Air (my secondary ones) this time in the cave. ....maybe it was easier because today is the actual day of the eclipse?

14. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Eclipse Dragon

[​IMG]

This dragon is awesome! It doesn't happen often, but glad to have back-to-back eclipses (yeah). Decided to just keep the other one in hibernation and go for a display egg. Like folks said, there's plenty of time to do it.

15. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Back to trying for Gold Olympus. Back to despising Gold Olympus.

16. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    #7196 jtfields, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    Same boat here. I need Gold Olympus #2 so I can finish my egg display island. Have the EBI dedicated to getting one right now. Already had a Bronze fail. Just got another Olympus cooking but won't know what it is until tomorrow.

I have the EBC breeding Blooms so I can finally finish my gold statues. I only have Plant, Cold and Lightning to go.

17. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Jtfields, was it by design that you're left with the plant, cold and lightning statues? So far, I have gold statues of earth, fire, lightning and plant -- doing metal (41/50) and air (25/50) now by breeding chrome. Good luck with your 2nd gold Olympus. The next step for you, I guess, would be the crowning of the dragons. :)

18. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    It wasn't necessarily by design. I knocked out Water, Earth, Air and Fire with Panlongs. Back before things were so hectic with the number of limiteds we now get, I would have down time and would breed Magnetic dragons just to sell (best $/breeding time). I got the Metal shrine leveling some of those Magnetics up before selling them. That left me with Cold, Plant and Lightning. I think I'm further along on Cold than the others so once Cold is gold I'll drop the Blooms and go with something else.

Not sure what comes after that. I may try to level all my dragons to 15. I may try to crown one or two but that's probably it. I believe it takes something like $500,000 worth of food to crown just one. Don't think I'm up for crowning all of them unless I keep playing this game for years.

19. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Just realized tomorrow is Thursday. What are the odds we get a new dragon?

20. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    The funny thing is that I never noticed that we usually get new dragons on Thursdays until the Solar Eclipse came out.