App Mini-Reviews Extraordinaire

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JCho133, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Great idea JCho, and seeing as I tend to like similar games to yourself I look forward to seeing what you think of the week's new releases.

I nearly missed out on Bardbarian had it not been for TA GOTW (as I was playing too much Shadow Blade), so hoping you also bring some great indie games to our attention.

Good luck #

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #22 awp69, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    To my knowledge, Delaware doesn't pay sales tax on anything (those bastards!). When I used to live in Pennsylvania, many people would go there just to stock up on booze or buy that big screen TV. As far as changing your iTunes account to Delaware, seeing that my uncle was a big time IRS criminal division head honcho, not sure if I can condone tax evasion (but I won't tell ;) ).

Nice thread JCho. Would be cool but get unruly if some of the other respected members had their "featured" apps of the week (Exact-Psience, undeadcow, The Frost, Bronxsta....and many others whose opinions I trust around here).

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Got me thinking. A suggestion: could we make (or convert this one if you're onboard JCho) a "TA Forums Recommends" thread? Posters would use the established post format and this way others such as members Awp mentioned could participate as well

But hey this is your thing, JCho. Don't want to encroach on it

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #24 JCho133, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    NO! NEVER! ITS MINE!

That's actually a really good idea. That way if there's someone looking to buy a new game they can go to that a sift through it and see if they find a game that fits them.

I think we should think about it a bit more, and try and figure out how make sure it's not just like any other thread about apps. That may mean some strict rules, because I would like to see something civilized and tranquil that does just that.

I think I'll still continue this thread even if that is something that's created. I quite enjoy it. I'll make a discussion thread where we can talk about it without filling this thread up

But yes, it would have to be legitimately different enough from the what should I get thread

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think we should let JCho have this thread, I'm satisfied totally polluting every other thread here with my irrelevant opinions. There's already a totally open User Review subforum along with the "What Should I Get?" recommendations thread, and the GOTW thread to discuss new releases if not core threads themselves. If JCho can consistently and legibly pull off his own thread then maybe I'll buy him a game or two just to hear his opinions on it. I've been planning on spamming the User Reviews section for some time with my detailed thoughts on favorites (or games that suck) but am too lazy/disorganized to pull something together.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You're probably right. This could just turn into another "What Should I Get?" thread.

Sorry, JCho, carry on. And we could always just pester undeadcow to beat an opinion out of him (or others) if need be. ;)

The floor is yours....

7. Bronxsta

True. I agree

As Awp said, carry on!

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright! Thank you for the support guys!

I think the point of this thread is biased opinions from one guy, isn't it? Well, not sure if biased is the right word but you get the idea.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to next week for sure. I love horror games! Plus I'll be getting my chemistry/nuclear physics fill later tonight...

9. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    JCho133 for president!

10. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    So, to start off: great idea JCho133. Second, i laughed really hard when you mentioned that you are a real person... but then I remembered your iTunes id :))

I also like the format and you trying to explain who might like these games. After you've spent so much time playing games and on the forums... yeah, I think I'm ok with your biased recommendations.

I also have no problem voting for president :))

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I have never been charged tax

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    You judgin' Jklfuyfjbxbhdjferwfhhvxcc?! Huh punk?

Haha but thank you for the kind words, I'm glad people are supportive of this

13. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    Damn straight I'd be judgin' You know how hard it is to mention you even once? Pain in my behind. Lucky for me you have that J somethin' alias or I'd be forever stuck at the beginning of my sentence. (you can start laughing now... hopefully)

Looking forward to week 2 :p

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    JCho133, good first volley, man. I love the format. Keep'em coming. Shadow Blade was my pick of the litter. If you have the chance, check it out :cool:

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hello community! Just wanted to say that I may not get to post this weeks edition today (I know, not good for a second week haha). But if not today then definitely tomorrow. If you guys want I can post the names of the games I'll be writing about :D

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright guys, looks like the thread is closed. Got word from a mod and he said he didn't think it was appropriate :/ oh well. Maybe I'll start a blog

17. Bronxsta

"TA Forum Recommends" is still on the table.
    A community effort rather than one voice

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Well, now that I don't have any other option I support it haha

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'd hate to sound defiant... but actually the thread is not closed. Go for the gusto, JCho and flood this place your your opinions until they knock you down (if it were to even come to that).

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha idk about you undead, but it don't wanna be "that guy"