Exiles of Embermark - a PVP RPG tailored for one-handed play (by Gunslinger Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thewzrd, Feb 5, 2016.

?

In mobile RPGs, do you get more excited about PvP or PvE? (and why)

1. PvP is more exciting

41 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. PvE is more exciting

93 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. They are equally as exciting

45 vote(s)
    25.1%
  1. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    A message from Embermark

A letter went out today from Embermark to those signed up for that type of thing. Besides some updates and lists of things to check out, it names those who get in on the game's early testing-- The First. There's also a secret in it which will matter later. Those who become The First won't just get that amazing designation forever, they'll also get some free lootz when the game kicks off, so check out the letter if you like that kind of thing:

THIS IS THE LETTER

And if you've not already, sign up for the newsletter here-- it doesn't come out often, but it always has something special.

2. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Exiles Game Dev Update | 4.28.17

Our biggest Game Development Update yet went up today. As we prepare for closed testing via TestFlight, we've got an AMA coming on 5/10 at 530 CT and a chance for players to design some loot!

Here are some highlights from the Update:

DWARVES! Tons of images of this guy and how we happened upon him:

[​IMG]

New icon system (doesn't sound sexy, but it is-- every item gets its own!):

[​IMG]

Loot out the wazoo:

[​IMG]

Plus info on our game mechanics learning, what we're doing with Android and moar.

It's all here. Get in on that Player Created Gear Contest-- the winner gets their loot in the game (and gets one in their inventory too)...

3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #183 Tychaeus, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Best IOS game ever

I honestly feel like....this is just going to blow everything out of the water as far as mobile games go. This, with little hyperbole, is going to be THE best game on the app store, and pave the way for how everyone else will start to model/draw ideas from for future mobile rpgs and other games.
    You have me. I can't wait to test, for the official launch of course, and for you to just take my money.
    Sid.

4. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I have a $100 bill waiting for this... never touched it lol..

5. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    People are serious!

LOL....now THIS is dedication and a testament to my post above this! THE HYPE IS REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAL!

6. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    Lmao I've been waiting since feb of 16 same $100 bill lol I can hardly wait until wiz says it's out I think I'll clock out and go home for the day hahaha

7. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    i seriously appreciate the heck out of this, keeps us motivated-- and there's a lot coming. I can't wait for you to get into what we're working on.

8. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    #188 fliindnyce, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Wiz have you guys started beta yet? I'm highly interested in helping I have a new iPad too with nothing on it waiting to be broken in lol...

9. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Last I heard it seems beta is creeping closer and closer but is not happening quite yet. Closed Beta should begin in the next few weeks while open beta (or perhaps a soft launch) wouldn't be for a while from now.

10. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    Closer but yet so far.... lol I so ready to do something... my fingers are itching for some screen pushing lol..

11. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    I hear ya, I'm already obsessive about checking in on all the new info for EoE...Wiz...you guys have nothing to worry about, you are sittin' on gold....gonna be YYUUUUGEEE!

12. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    MAJOR GOOOOLLLLDDDD lol... I im wish they had pre-order packs so I can buy the highest one lol... I want all the special weapons and armor lol...

13. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    From what has been shared so far I don't believe preorder packs are going to be a thing, but if you have questions about the game that you want answered there is an AMA on the games Discord server on May 9, at 5:30CT ... if you can't make it live you can post any questions you want answered here - https://www.reddit.com/r/exilesofembermark/

14. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm so far behind last time I checked I was getting emails about things and then it stopped... thanks so much for the link... I know I've missed a lot

15. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    Btw what houses are you guys joining???

16. thewzrd

Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    I won't be able to join a House, so I'll let others answer that one, but so you have it-- the AMA will be on Discord, and that channel is here: https://discord.gg/eoe.

530 CDT on Tuesday May 9th.

Besides some lively discussion, you can win in-game treats if you're there, so come join us then. If it's like the last one, should be fun...

17. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    The Ask Me Anything (AMA) event is today on the Discord that Wiz linked above! If you have any questions about the game you can ask them there. Come chat with us!

18. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT pull a No Man's Sky!

19. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Wtf....does that even mean in this context. There's no relation even....whatsoever

20. fliindnyce

Jul 7, 2015
    Lmmfao