Idea for great app

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by STBarett23, May 8, 2017.

1. STBarett23

STBarett23 New Member

May 7, 2017
    Regards to all, I am new here and this forum is soo good for the games, I am still in college but I am interested in bussines about developing aps for IOS, do somebody have any tips for games,app? :)

2. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    A possible sart for you can be Swift Playgrounds. Why not... It is a free app available on app store.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #3 Nullzone, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Hi and welcome to TA, enjoy your stay!
    Instead of being grumpy as I tend to be with vague questions like yours, I'll throw some back at you:
    1) What is your current knowledge level? Game design, programming, marketing, all that jazz you need for a successful game.
    2) What are you actually interested in? Game design, programming, graphics, lore or dialogue writing, etc.
    3) Prior reading: Ah well, I guess kids these days watch Youtube videos and not dead trees ;) Jokes aside, Google is a thing since when now? It is your friend, go ask it stuff.
    4) If you want to jump in cold: grab Unity, see how far you get.
    5) "Making games" in the broadest sense: Go read Gamasutra, and lots of it. Great site and good start if you want to get some insight into the subject.

Answer those for yourself and share what you come up with, then we can talk.

And just to be snarky (have a reputation to uphold and all that :p): If you are "interested in business about developing apps" and jump in with a vague question that just screams "do my work for me", you REALLY should reconsider at least the business part if not the complete statement.
    Right now, you are pretty much starting at square -1 , and that's a generous judgement.

P.S.: Titling a thread "idea for great app" is rather firm in the utter bollocks "not well thought-out" territory. *Especially* if all you have then is a very vague and open question (addendum: as opposed to an actual game idea) and you do not provide any background info with it (see my points 1-3 above).
    It's only a small thing, but you have to start somewhere. Think about what an appropriate title would be, and you already learned something.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Welcome to the forums, indeed. *sigh*

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    As Eli seems to imply that I'm not nice enough ;) and I have a few minutes of spare time, here's something else you can take a look at:
    GameSalad might be another starting point for you to get your feet wet. A lot less complicated than Unity from what I know, and free as well in the basic version. Check their homepage at gamesalad.com and their Academy/tutorials at http://learn.gamesalad.com/ if that's something for you.

For creating roleplaying games specifically, you can take a look at http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/ .