Creating An Overseas iTunes Account

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KennyK, Feb 16, 2013.

1. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Thought this would be a handy guide for anyone who may wish to create another overseas iTunes account, but do not have any payment details and/or gift cards. This would be useful when wanting to play a game that has not been released in your country yet.

- On your computer, open iTunes
    - Scroll down to bottom and click flag icon. Then select country you wish to create your new account
    - Search for a free game, download it, and when the sign in box appears, say you wish to create a new account
    - Fill in the details etc (Not sure how smart Apple is, but I suggest finding a real address/phone number etc in the country you wish to make the account)
    - When asked to select payment method, click "None"
    - Activate your new account, and voila!

2. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    You don't need a proper address or phone number.
    You will need a "zip" code that works for the country you're selecting.
    The zip code may need to match the city you're in. I'm not sure.
    Canada is letter, number,letter, space, number, letter, number.
    Examples v2v 2v2, t3r 7e5, v0j 2c0.
    America is five numbers.
    Examples 59937, 81611, 28168
    New Zealand is four numbers
    Examples 0466, 1140, 1644.
    I'm assuming most people viewing this are looking for NZ accounts at the moment. All these NZ zip codes are for Auckland. Cheers.

3. I don't have a laptop and all the other computers I use I am not allowed to install anything personal like itunes.

Can I do this with just my ipad?

4. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I did it a while ago so wasn't sure, but I do recall having to get the zip code right. Cheers.

I'm sorry I do not know. You may need to Google that one.

If you would like, I could help you create an account and let you know all the details etc. But that would have to wait until tomorrow as I have work tonight...

5. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I used the address of a cheese factory when I made my US account. :)

6. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Yes. Google or YouTube how to do it with an iPhone. It'll explain it better than I can.

7. My friend got me one, thanks guys.

8. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    You probably don't want some dudes real address since there are most likely some laws involved there that could get you or your account in trouble I'd guess. I used Cleveland's from the Cleveland show if I remember correctly.

Anyone know if its possible to transfer/convert an account to another country with payment info and everything? I keep investing money in an app on my US account, and I'd really like to switch it to a Swedish account so I can use my CCs to pay. I'd have to change the name etc tho...but I'm sure that would go unnoticed... :eek::cool:

9. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I think as long as there's no remaining iTunes credit in the account you can transfer it to a different country. :)