True Innovation is to Risk everything. Please let us create a game!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dumbledorious, Feb 10, 2014.

1. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    If you can put Skyrim on mobile you have my purchase.

2. Dumbledorious

Dumbledorious Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Hey Original,

I would also totally Love a BL2 type game as well! The one thing that i love about that game is it's similar feature of randomized weapons like diablo. I'm sure any developer can create an algorithm to make it, but what would the point be with each weapon and how can we take it a step further from Borderlands and Diablo? In addition to the massive maps... I was curious about the engine the people who made Sky Gamblers for iOS and Android used? That is something I've been thinking about. For example, I love the racing games Dirt 2 and 3 and I know it's based on the same engine for that Military Simulation game, which I believe is called Dragon Rising(?).

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I like loot. Like back in the days playing Vanilla wow and you just start hitting the endgame and go from crappy blue gear to sweet sweet purple epic gear. Slowly turning your character into the best he can be, a beast.

Yes sir, I love my loot.

4. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Didnt they use Unity? Everybody uses Unity these days.

5. Dumbledorious

Dumbledorious Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Hey Majiktrip,

Thanks!

PVP is also a must for me. I remember the only PVP games I played on mobile were Pocket Legends and Dungeon Defenders.. not really what I expected but close to it. How could we create a fantastic PVP that seemed like it could only be possible on mobile?

6. Dumbledorious

Dumbledorious Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Yeah, Sky Gamblers does look like unity but I never saw it on the game list on the Unity website. I'm sure without a doubt that Unity could pull of the same trick and then some.

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Interesting to me that you are asking everyone to help you with ideas. Even more interesting that the game you make, based on the ideas of touch arcade users is for making YOU and the company you are with, MONEY.
    Since people here are giving you their ideas, are you planning on paying them? What about their names in the credits of the game? I know In the United States, I have to pay people if I make money off their ideas.
    Or at a minimum, if you do make a game, from those ideas, Are you going to give them the game for free? Or sell it knowing it'll make money because everyone tells you what they want.?

I would rather hire a developer to make my game then to buy one based on my ideas with no return.

I am sorry that I have offended you. Not my intent. And I'm sure your intent was good as well.

It's just that I do make money from my creativity. Giving it away for free means less food on the table on my house.

I wish you luck

- lavender

8. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Quite frankly I don't see the point in this post. There is no point asking such a broad question as to "what games do you like" and expect to get any useful information. If you don't understand why then you should not be developing games at all.

Are we to believe that you have a huge team of 12 professionals twiddling their thumbs waiting for games ideas from random internets people. Your CEO sounds like he does not give a shite about quality games as he just wants to churn out 4 junky games a month.

You may have started with a preachy "I love games speech" but the setup you describe is a money grabbing corporation. I for one don't care about making your CEO loads of money.

You need to focus down on a genre of game and start to guide your market research in a meaningful way.