Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 06-14-2014, 07:50 PM
poppichicken poppichicken is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 61
Default

Yeehaaaaaaa!!!
YES, I DID IT!!!

(I know I'm far from the first person to do this, but I'm so chuffed I just have to share it!)

This is something I never managed to achieve on the PC version, but post-Dark Souls, I thought I'd give it another go.









When I finally landed that horrendous Veni Vidi Vici trinket... well, I punched the air almost as hard as I've wanted to punch Terry!

Last edited by poppichicken; 06-14-2014 at 07:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 PM
TJF588 TJF588 is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppichicken View Post
When I finally landed that horrendous Veni Vidi Vici trinket... well, I punched the air almost as hard as I've wanted to punch Terry!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYKV_5xCgQ#t=25s

Veni Vidi Vici / Doing Things the Hard Way / etc. definitely gave me an appreciation for muscle memory. Realizing my gradual normalization to the progressively longer "first part", until I managed to slip by. Wanna say I landed back on the starting side of that infuriating little bump once. Urgh...
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-15-2014, 04:02 PM
GiHubb GiHubb is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 456
Default

Very nifty game, some brilliant and very imaginative level design. It's quite cool how many different types of challanges are created with such simple mechanics.

Only negatives of the iOS version is that I would like to see retina graphics on my iPad Air. This would looks so much better. And a level editor/all user created levels and not just a few selections. But for a start, retina graphics!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Jake7905 Jake7905 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
Very nifty game, some brilliant and very imaginative level design. It's quite cool how many different types of challanges are created with such simple mechanics.

Only negatives of the iOS version is that I would like to see retina graphics on my iPad Air. This would looks so much better. And a level editor/all user created levels and not just a few selections. But for a start, retina graphics!
That pretty much sums it up: it's a 5 star game in a 3 star package. I absolutely love the design, the heart, of this game. But the blurry graphics do detract from the overall experience, and would no doubt benefit from a Retina face lift.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-15-2014, 06:39 PM
poppichicken poppichicken is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF588 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYKV_5xCgQ#t=25s

Veni Vidi Vici / Doing Things the Hard Way / etc. definitely gave me an appreciation for muscle memory. Realizing my gradual normalization to the progressively longer "first part", until I managed to slip by. Wanna say I landed back on the starting side of that infuriating little bump once. Urgh...
Excellent - thanks for the link. Glorious stuff.

Yes, by the 300th attempt(!) on Doing Things the Hard Way, I was quite astonished to find I wasn't even focused on the screen any more.
The game screen was kind of blurred out of my vision (like when you just stare blankly "through" something) and my fingers were just performing their inputs pretty much automatically.
That's probably the first time I've ever truly found myself in "the zone", so to speak. It felt really weird, but now I understand when people say that about a difficult game.
Even Dark Souls, in all its b@st@rd-hardness, didn't take me to the zone. That was just a hard slog with immense concentation (I'm talking to you Artorias).

Oh yes, I've read other accounts of people landing back on the starting side of that little bump (I admit I chuckled), and I was very worried about doing the same thing. Thankfully that didn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Remote_ Remote_ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11
Default

I did it as well - I was going to post this earlier but someone beat me to the idea :-)

It was painful and involved more deaths than I've ever encountered in a game but my god it was worth it.

I jumped up and shouted on the tube this morning when I did it on my commute into work :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.7 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-19-2014, 03:55 PM
paulkane paulkane is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 148
Default

Will VVVVVV come in second for TA Forum's Game Of The Week? OMG!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:07 PM
JCho133 JCho133 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,269
Default

This game is amazing
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent