Ads - Who do you use?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ggogis, Oct 5, 2017.

1. ggogis

ggogis Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Male
    High School Student
    Indianapolis, In
    Was wondering what ads you guys prefer (ie gives you the best CPM). I have been using AdMob but am not at all happy with their CPM.

2. FGL_Rozek

FGL_Rozek Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Community Relations @ Enhance
    All ad networks have their ups and downs. They'll have a good campaign, then it will end, then later they'll get another, and so on. It's best to have multiple networks and mediate them. That way you get the benefit of the ups, and can mitigate the downs.

Using Enhance®, you can now integrate all of the services that different providers offer without ever having to touch an SDK again. With little to NO coding at all and without touching source code, Enhance® is the easiest way to integrate 3rd party services into your project or to keep them up to date. (Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more) No more SDK integration!!!

For more information on the fastest way to implement and update SDK's, follow the link : http://fgl.io/2lf

Good Luck!

3. ggogis

ggogis Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Male
    High School Student
    Indianapolis, In
    ill look into this! thanks!

4. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    They're all shit nowadays - there's been a notable downturn over the last six months such that they're no longer viable as way to even earn spending money let alone fund development.

If your app has enough eyes to be earning decent money through ads, but a single $1 iap in it instead and retire to the carribbean island you wish to buy.

5. wingydingy

wingydingy Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Appodeal (Intelligent Ad Mediation): www.appodeal.
    San Francisco
    Our Appodeal Intelligent Ad Mediation platform is quite popular and effective, especially for mobile games.

Basically, by integrating one SDK, your app will get ads from over 60 ad demand sources (including AdMob, AdColony, UnityAds just to name a few). You can also serve ads in all the major ad formats, including rewarded video ads.

What Appodeal does that no other ad platforms do though is that we insert dynamic pricefloors to increase the ad bid amounts that each ad demand sources need to bid in order to win each impression. (Note that there's an micro auction that takes place before an ad gets served.) All of the ad demand sources would need to compete and outbid each other in order to win the auction, which is how Appodeal is able to deliver higher eCPMs than you would if you only use a few ad network within your app.

In addition to higher ad revenue, game publishers love Appodeal because we free up so much time from needing to manually manage ad networks. They can just focus on developing their games.

Check out our website to learn more.

Cheers!

6. DaveMApplegate

DaveMApplegate Well-Known Member

I'd highly recommend HeyZap or Fyber. They are both ad mediation platforms that essentially shop the ads around to the person who pays the most. It's crazy how much eCPMs differ depending on different factors.

I'd stay away from IronSource, they have really bad support.

Cheers,

Dave

7. AlphaTodd

AlphaTodd Well-Known Member

May 3, 2017
    Very interesting suggestions. This requires some further research.

8. Zq7r

Zq7r Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    I tried ads initially for "Sprocket". We implemented Chartboost and Applovin. After a month we made $0.62 on the ads and nearly $5 on the IAP to remove them. I decided to ditch the ads and go premium. Best decision of my life.

9. DaveMApplegate

How many ad impressions did you get? I've found the ad vs. paid model depends on the game you're going for. E.x. If you have that burner arcade game and a large user base to download it, you'll make more money off ads. If you're creating a game that more of a hardcore mobile gamer will play, it's easier to to monetize w/ paid apps and IAPs.

Cheers,

Dave

10. y.briones

y.briones Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Community Manager
    Barcelona
    One ad network is not going to get you the best results. The best you can do is mediation. That way you'll make sure you're getting the highest paying bid.
    Make sure you choose a service with a good support team. I've heard good comments from Appodeal.

11. RozekEnhance

RozekEnhance Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Community Relations @ Enhance
    Did you ever find a new network?

[​IMG]

12. #12 Spinkanoid, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    In Spinkanoid we use Unity Ads and Google AdMob as Backup...

The Video Ads from Unity are Awesome and very easy to implement, at least if you use Unity (I do). Unity is my Primary Ads Provider and I Use Rewarded Video Ads from AdMob as Backup...

Whenever Unity fails to deliver an Ad, the code I wrote will try to show an Ad from AdMob...

In our DataBase, I can set the Primary Ads Provider, so I can switch between them whenever I like. I can also Use Unity for iOS and AdMob for Android with a "switch" in our DataBase at any time if I want...

We also have an Option at the (last) Credits Scene to visit a Sponsor when you quit Spinkanoid in exchange for a random award of virtual coins. We ask if you want to visit a Sponsor and If you select Yes, a Player will visit a Sponsors website, depending on his current Region (we only have two Sponsors in The Netherlands at the moment)......

I liked AppoDeal but decided to have full control about the Ads Provider myself, if you are not familiar with Unity Ads check it out, their Video Ads are great!

I you use Unity and want to know more about how I did this, please contact me at [email protected] and I try to help you. I'm very busy right now (Spinkanoid is recently released at the App Stores) so it might take a few days but I answer all emails...

Franco Palmieri - Fronne (Spinkanoid)
    Don't Drop Your Phone Please!

13. DaveMApplegate

I'm not sure why you'd need to code this yourself. You can always use a mediation network like Admob, HeyZap, Fyber, IronSource, etc. Then you can turn ad networks on / off or use rollovers if one ad doesn't fill remotely. It's not as simple as "which is the best ad network" since ad networks even differ day to day in eCPM.

Cheers,

Dave

14. y.briones

y.briones Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Community Manager
    Barcelona
    WIth Appodeal SDK you can not only keep track of ad networks but also ad formats, metrics, user groups, and placements as well.

Agree. And eCPM change according to ad type and region too, so there is no way you can manually keep track of all that as fast as you need to.
    I'll say let algorithms do their job! and focus on developing.

15. raghavbindal

raghavbindal New Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Have you tried GreedyGame?

I’m part of GreedyGame’s business development team. GreedyGame is a provider of native-advertising solutions that allow your applications to potentially earn 30-40% more revenue without compromising on user experience. We make use of in-game assets like backgrounds, power-ups and characters to seamlessly blend the ad-elements inside apps to provide a revolutionary native experience. A sample link is posted below and for further information please have a look at our website- www.greedygame.com.

https://ibb.co/cctsen

16. DaveMApplegate

That is a pretty cool concept. What is the cost per impression range? I'm assuming it isn't CPI or CPC right?

17. raghavbindal

raghavbindal New Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Hi Dave!

We work on a CPM model. The range varies from region to region. U.S.A. would be about between 2-4 dollars net to the publisher/app developer. You can get in touch with me directly at [email protected] and we can discuss opportunities.

18. DaveMApplegate

How long have you been around? I haven't really heard of you guys. Who are some of your big partners?

Cheers,

Dave

19. raghavbindal

raghavbindal New Member

Mar 28, 2018
    We've been around for about 3-4 years growing as a startup slowly but steadily.

In this time we have built up a solid presence here in South Asia where we monetize all the big publishers such as Reliance, Nazara, NextWave Multimedia etc.

We work with the likes of admob, mopub and polymorph for demand.