Universal Secrt Files Tunguska (by Deep Silver)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Planetshooter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

[Press release, not my personal opinion] Germany-based publisher Deep Silver FISHLABS and developer Animation Arts will launch the successful point-and-click adventure Secret Files Tunguska on the App Store on July 17th, 2014. The mobile version of the multi-award-winning mystery title will run on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and turn the player’s smartphone or tablet into the setting of a global conspiracy of epic proportions. The initial purchase of Secret Files Tunguska for the set price of 4.99 US-$ / 4.49 EUR / 2.99 GBP / 169 RUR grants full access to the game’s entire narrative, including all content and features. Consequently, players do not have to unlock additional episodes or story angles via in-app purchase.

Besides an exciting story line and interesting characters, the iOS version of the genre classic also offers an extensive playing time of more than 15 hours, as well as state-of-the-art graphics with lots of attention to detail and a high level of realism. In addition, the game has also been fully localized and dubbed into German, English, Russian, Polish, French and Spanish.

Secret Files Tunguska

[ FULL GAME! NO EPISODES! The award-winning point and click adventure debuts on the App Store, localized into seven diff…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    [ FULL GAME! NO EPISODES! The award-winning point and click adventure debuts on the App Store, localized into seven different languages and fully optimized for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch! ]

# # # HISTORY MEETS FICTION IN A MYSTERY ADVENTURE PAR EXCELLENCE # # #

When Vladimir Kalenkow, a high-ranking scientist looking into the unexplained Tunguska catastrophe from 1908, goes missing, his daughter Nina and his assistant Max are drawn into a conspiracy of epic proportions. Chased across the globe by the Russian intelligence apparatus and a zealous secret society, the two adventurers solve mysteries in Germany, Russia, Cuba, China and even Antarctica. But the more light they shed on the truth, the more they put themselves in danger!

# # # UNRAVEL ONE OF THE BIGGEST ENIGMAS OF THE 20th CENTURY # # #

Help Nina and Max, the adventurous protagonists of Secret Files Tunguska, to solve a variety of challenging quests and elaborate riddles as the title’s fascinating plot leads you to the most remote corners of the Earth. Travel to exotic locations, explore rich sceneries, engage with interesting characters and collect useful information. Unravel a mystery that remained unsolved for more than a hundred years!

# # # ENJOY AMAZING FEATURES AND A DEEPLY IMMERSIVE ATMOSPHERE # # #

• An interactive mystery thriller for smartphones and tablets
    • 12+ hours of suspense-laden playing time
    • No micro transactions or in-app purchases
    • 2 playable main characters
    • Dozens of NPCs with individual background stories
    • Lots of demanding quests, riddles and puzzles
    • More than a hundred exciting locations
    • High-quality graphics with amazing attention to detail
    • Full voice acting by popular dubbing actors
    • Fully localized into German, English, Russian, Polish, French, Spanish and Italian
    • Spot-on touch controls made for mobile

# # # WINNER OF COUNTLESS AWARDS AND ACCOLADES # # #

Secret Files Tunguska has received dozens of honors from games reviewers and jury members alike. Among others, it got a 92 points “Gold” rating from Adventure Europe, a 89 per cent “Gold” award from Game Hunters and a 86 points “Gold” star from Gamaxx. In addition, it has also been named “Game of the Year” by the editorial departments of Gamestar and The Gamer’s Base as well as “Best Adventure of the Year” by the readers of PC Games and Adventure-Treff.

# # # LINKS AND RESSOURCES # # #

• Secret Files website: http://secretfiles.deepsilver.com/en/
    • Animation Arts website: http://www.animationarts.de/
    • Deep Silver website: http://www.deepsilver.com/
    • Deep Silver FISHLABS website: http://www.dsfishlabs.com/
    • Secret Files on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/secretfilesgames

# # # SETTINGS & REQUIREMENTS # # #

Secret Files Tunguska requires iOS 7 and runs on iPhone 4S (or newer), iPad 2 (or newer), iPad mini and iPod touch 5G. The game does not contain any in-app purchases or micro transactions. Instead, the initial purchase gives you access to the full array of content and features.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Family
    Release:Jul 16, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This looks good!

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Deep Silver FISHLABS?

Hmm...

4. Planetshooter

Essentially it's a port of the 2006 PC point and click style adventure, tailored for touch screen devices. I can't offer any opinion due to a review embargo but I can say that I have been playing this for a few days on iPad 4; there are 3 separate save slots (save any time) plus cloud saving that works between different devices.

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Review embargo? How so?

6. Planetshooter

It's a fairly standard procedure, not unique to this game. Review sites will be sent game details, press pack, promo code, etc. and asked not to publish a review until release day or some other date related to the game.

I was told there was a review embargo until 17th July so I am honouring that by not offering any opinion on the game yet.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Secrt Files Tunguska (by Deep Silver)

[ The award-winning point and click adventure debuts on the App Store, localized into seven different languages and fully optimized for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch! ]

When Vladimir Kalenkow, a high-ranking scientist looking into the unexplained Tunguska catastrophe from 1908, goes missing, his daughter Nina and his assistant Max are drawn into a conspiracy of epic proportions. Chased across the globe by the Russian intelligence apparatus and a zealous secret society, the two adventurers solve mysteries in Germany, Russia, Cuba, China and even Antarctica. But the more light they shed on the truth, the more they put themselves in danger!

# # # UNRAVEL ONE OF THE BIGGEST ENGIMAS OF THE 20th CENTURY # # #

Help Nina and Max, the adventurous protagonists of Secret Files Tunguska, to solve a variety of challenging quests and elaborate riddles as the title’s fascinating plot leads you to the most remote corners of the Earth. Travel to exotic locations, explore rich sceneries, engage with interesting characters and collect useful information. Unravel a mystery that remained unsolved for more than a hundred years!

• Fully localized into German, English, Russian, Polish, French, Spanish and Italian

Secret Files Tunguska has received dozens of honors from games reviewers and jury members alike. Among others, it got a 92 points “Gold” rating from Adventure Europe, a 89 per cent “Gold” award from Game Hunters and a 86 points “Gold” star from Gamaxx. In addition, it has also been named “Game of the Year” by the editorial departments of Gamestar and The Gamer’s Base as well as “Best Adventure of the Year” by the readers of PC Games and Adventure-Treff.

Secret Files Tunguska requires iOS 7 and runs on iPhone 4S (or newer), iPad 2 (or newer), iPad mini and iPod touch 5G. The game does not contain any in-app purchases or micro transactions. Instead, the initial purchase gives you access to the full array of content and features.

iPhone Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Secret Files Tunguska

[ FULL GAME! NO EPISODES! The award-winning point and click adventure debuts on the App Store, localized into seven diff…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    [ FULL GAME! NO EPISODES! The award-winning point and click adventure debuts on the App Store, localized into seven different languages and fully optimized for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch! ]

# # # UNRAVEL ONE OF THE BIGGEST ENIGMAS OF THE 20th CENTURY # # #

Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Family
    Release:Jul 16, 2014
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

8. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    No Game Center?

9. Planetshooter

It's a point and click adventure game, hard to see what Game Center could add to this. Unless you are looking for "Achievement: solved a puzzle".

As it was originally out on PC (2006) and also Wii and DS, you can find out plenty about it by Googling.

I've had this version on a promo code for about a week, played quite a lot on iPad, not so much on iPod Touch.

10. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    wow,this looks amazing,can't wait to play :)

11. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Yes I would like achievements when they're done right (for example the ones in The Inner World). Also point-and-click games are one of the best games to incorporate achievements because of the funny stuff that may span from giving something in particular to certain people, or solving something differently than what's obvious.

12. Planetshooter

This isn't that kind of game, sorry. If you can handle the fact that there's no GC, it's a large and challenging point and click game ported very well to iOS.

13. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Well that was the whole point of my first question: asking if there was GC. A simple "no" would have sufficed, and not push me towards explaining myself.

14. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Personally i hate game center and have turned it off

Now going to buy this, merely to support it not having game center :D

15. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

#16 Chaos_u, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It did sound ridic for a game like this though... Asking if there's GC or not. :D

Nonetheless, i have a friend too who's an achievement addict, so i guess that's that. I wouldnt let the lack of GC (or any similar functions in the different platforms) stop me from enjoying games though.

17. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Why ridiculous? Adventure games always have little easter eggs and branching convos and such that are easily missable when you don't have the presence of achievement-like stuff to tell you "hey! there's more to this scene than meets the eye!". You can go take a look at some Steam game to get an idea of how achievements can be a good incorporation to gameplay.

ANYWAYS it was a harmless question and not an incentive to get into a debate and be called out for being "ridiculous". Again a simple no would suffice. Oh and who said I won't get the game if it didn't have GC? Is this a new trend to put words into people's mouth for the sake of passing for elitists gamers?

18. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I loved this one on PC. Played all 3. The english dub on this one was a bit rough (everyone had American accents) but it improved a lot with SF2.

I'd be nice to see some more Animation Arts games on iOS. Lost Horizon was good fun too.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lol u mad. Chillax dood. People react to posts and reactions like mine and the other guy are pretty normal. I appreciate the discussion you provided but this last post is... Well, i'll keep it at that. LOL