Best iOS RPG's released in the past year?

04-18-2013, 04:45 AM
Um, the OP has an iphone 4S, so Baldur's Gate, Spiderweb games, etc. aren't applicable. I don't even know about Bastion - I adore it and it is universal, but does it work well on a small screen?
I really like Bard's Tale, and it is less frantic than Bastion, so it may work on an iphone.

Personally, I was somewhat disappointed in The World Ends with You - I finished it, but I didn't love it. Loved Final Fantasy III, though.

I am currently addicted to Kingturn and the prologue is free, so I'd say try that. But what kind of RPGs do you enjoy, OP?

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
04-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Think Bastion works very well on a smaller screen, granted its far better on the ipad but i travel a lot so i prefer playing games on my iphone/ipod
10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I highly recommend Bastion as well. I was originally going to wait to get a new iPad to play it but had read such rave reviews I couldn't resist, buying it on my iPhone instead (it is universal though). Simply put, AMAZING game. Two minutes into the game I knew I was in for something special, and I was right. One of my favorite games ever, I've since bought it on X-Box and it will definitely get another play through when I get my iPad 5 (intimately,with headphones).

Edit: it played wonderfully on an iPhone.
10-16-2013, 06:43 PM
+1 for the Bastion recommendation, but that isnt much of an RPG by definition, but more of an action adventure title.

Here's a few more good RPGs i can remember for the past year.

Symphony of Origin (all Kemco/Kotobuki Solutions RPGs are quite good)
Dungelot
Monster Adventures
Costume Quest
Spiral Ep1
SOL Stone of Life
Heroes & Castles
Quadropus Rampage
SW:KOTOR
Shadowrun Returns
Infinity Blade 3
Bloodmasque
Rage of the Gladiator
Drakerider
Chaos Rings 2 (was this this year or the last?)
Ravensword Shadowlands
Dungeon Plunder
Horn (last year?)
Iesabel
ORC Vengeance

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword